Sign in to follow this  
TerryKott

TMG 7.04 [to last available version?]

I have The Master Genealogist version 7.04 which I bought in 2010. I have never really used it. I currently use Family Tree Maker 2012 but have been saving TMG for when I get really serious. I did transfer FTM to TMG but got mixed results and did not want to go into the detailed and time-consuming process of doing thousands of peoples' information-transfers one by one... so it sits as is until I can dive into this project headfirst. My question is... when I start using this do I need to upgrade to the last available version before they become hard to get? And if I need to upgrade where do I get the last version? Version 9?

Thank you for your expertise in this matter.

The last version of TMG is already hard to get. There is only one possible source. You better move fast if you want a copy.

You might be able to purchase a TMG9 registration from Harry Goegebeur. Harry was the Dutch TMG dealer and had a few remaining registrations.

You can get the serial number from Harry but you download the installers from the "Update Center" on this site. Choose the US or UK edition from the right-hand column in the top table. Don't be confused by the language suggesting these are updates only - they are full installers.