Sign in to follow this  
dave browne

Gedcom export provides incomplete file

TMG Ver 9.05 will not provide a complete gedcom file. I have 13447 people and 4614 families, I follow all the steps in the export process, but only get lists of people without any connection to family (i.e. father and mother blank).

I have reloaded TMG 9 without a problem but get the same results. I have gone back to old Ver 8 gedcom files and these are connected to families.

I really have to know that the Gedcom program will work as it is the only way to post family history on the web, as well, I have to think about migrating to another program

Any help is appreciated. Dave Browne

Dave,

The most common reason for incomplete exports is that the GEDCOM is being created in a folder which being synchronized by a cloud service. There are also reports that some anti-virus programs can interfere with creating the file.

After I posted I was led to other posts. One of which was "Turning off McAfee Real time Scanning".

I have done this and as a result, the gedcom files for the two of my TMG files tested, appear to be complete, at least the families are connected now.

Thanks to present and past posters for their experience. I would never have found the problem without you all!

Dave