Recurring Problem w/TMG v9.x in Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gregv

gregv
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:27 AM

Rather often, when working in TMG, I do something that causes an "Open File" selection window to open. This window opens automatically to C:\Program Files (x86)\The Master Genealogist v9 and indicates "Files of type: Table/DBF (*.dbf)".

I assume that whatever I have done is making TMG look for a DBF file, but none of the *.dbf files available in this window (at C:\Program Files (x86)\The Master Genealogist v9) work. Each time I select a file and click "OK" the
file select window just opens again.

Clicking "Cancel" closes the window, but it immediately re-opens.

Clicking on the "X" in the upper right of the window does nothing. All the rest of TMG is inaccessible while this window is open.

The only way I can get out of this is to do a [Ctrl] [Alt] [Del] to get Task Manager and close TMG from there.

I have not been able to figure out what key combination I may be typing that causes this window to open, but it happens several times in a multi-hour work session and is pretty annoying.

Can anyone help me understand:

1. What I might be doing to make this happen, and
    2. If there are any actions I can take to close the window without having to go Task Manager to kill TMG?

Thanks for any help!

Greg

#2 Jim Byram

Jim Byram
  • Moderators
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:29 AM

As you have found, the only way to deal with this type of error is to end the TMG process in Task Manager.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users