Sign in to follow this  
cswhite1968

Reinstall on new Laptop

Recently I re installed TMG on a new laptop. Was working fine. Today I had to re enter my name, email, and serial number again. I had already done this when I re installed on the new laptop the first time. Today I right clicked on the TMG icon and ran as an administrator. Program is working again. However when I go the expanded pick list in search (for a name) I only have the person's name and person id listed. I used to have the person's birth, death, father's name, mother's name, and spouse's name listed. Why did this change? How to I get these fields back?

Thanks - Chris

Hello, I jumped the gun on sorting the missing info in the search results. I figured it out. Now that I have set the program/computer to run as an adminstrator; I am guessing that I will not have to re enter my data to unlock the program? - Chris

I don't understand what you are asking. TMG must unlocked by adding the registration information in order to run with all features after the 30-day trial period.

I re installed TMG on a new laptop

No, if you have a NEW laptop then you are doing a brand new initial install, not a reinstall, since it is new to that specific OS installation.  For any new install you need to properly go thru the registration process twice.

It is not a good idea, and not necessary, to run as Administrator for your normal TMG activities as you say you are doing.

You need to enter your registration twice... once running as a Standard user and once running TMG as administrator.

Run TMG normally and enter your registration information. Exit.

Run TMG by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting 'Run as administrator'. Respond affirmatively to the security prompt. Enter your registration information and immediately exit afterwards.

Then from now on use TMG by running normally as the Standard user.

SInce you did run TMG as administrator there may now be issues where some normal user data files are owned by Administrator and thus the Standard user does not have permission to access these files.  Hopefully that will not be true, but be forewarned that you may have to set permissions for the Standard user on some such normal user data files.

Ask if you have problems.