jnturner

TMG v.9 corrupted

After having used TMG v.9 without any problem since official support was discontinued, the unthinkable has happened.  Yesterday, when I opened TMG, an error message appeared:

OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered.  TMGAPPOBJ.DOFORM.

When I press Retry or Ignore, the error message repeats.  If I press Abort, the error message closes leaving a blank TMG screen.  At that point, I cannot close TMG and have to use Task Manager to close the program.

First of all, can anyone tell me if this problem is fixable, and if so, how?

Secondly, if it is not fixable, can anyone advise me on how to obtain a new version 9 TMG program in replacement?

I would greatly appreciate any help with this disaster.

Jim T.

Nothing is corrupted. The issue is that the file cdintf400.dll used by TMG is not properly registered.

The last TMG 9 installer is located here...

Running the installer and selecting [Repair] or uninstalling and reinstalling might fix the .DLL issue.

%%%%%%%%%%

My notes say this is the issue. The reinstall was the easy way to try and fix it. Here's the manual way.

Program Error - OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered
The error occurs because a file cdintf400.dll used by the PFD driver is not registered.

The file should be located here...

"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cdintf400.dll"

1) Close TMG

2) If running the Windows 10 or 11 Start menu, right-click on the Start button and select 'Command Prompt (Admin)'.
Alternately, navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and select cmd.exe and right-click on it and select 'Run as administrator'.

3) type: "cd \windows\syswow64" (as always, no quotes) (or "cd \windows\system32" for a 32-bit system) and press enter.

4) type: "regsvr32 cdintf400.dll /u" and press enter. You should get a message that it succeeded.

5) press the up arrow and the previous line should be repeated. Hit <Backspace> twice to remove the "/u"
(or type "regsvr32 cdintf400.dll" from scratch) and press enter. You should get another message that it succeeded.

6) Type "Exit" and press Enter to close the window (or click on the X if that works)