Primary Name: Mary Jane DOE

NAME-NICK: Janie

NAME-MARR: SMITH

the Picklist will contain:

* DOE, Mary Jane

DOE, Janie

SMITH, Mary Jane

--------

Can anyone replicate that the picklist is missing the DOE, Janie part of this?

I am finding that I cannot jump to a name-nick with a blank surname by using F2 tiwce and inputting the primary surname and nickname forename.

The name-mar one seems to work just fine, but not Name-nick, that version just isn't there.

Check to see if the name is mis-sorted. In the case above, the mis-sorted name would be at the beginning of the DOEs.

I've searched all my FINLAYSON names (I'm looking for a Citty FINLAYSON here), and she is only there under her proper name, Catriona.

However, if I search for ", Citty", there she is, with no surname, along with an absolute heap of others, all looking like name-nicks.

I've validated, optimized etc, no problems found.

I've just tried deleting the name nick and reinputting to see what happened.

(she had a sort given, but no sort surname)

In passing, I note that my view history now has an entry for (0) person view in it, which may or may not have happened just now, or with a merge I've just done.

Deleting and reinputting seems to have fixed this, but this implies, to me, that at some stage in the past, one or t'other of the version conversions has mucked up my name-nick sorts!!

How long ago, who knows, I don't often search for people by nicknames.

Addenda:

A lot of them seem to have been created around Jan 2000, at least those I've not edited since. There's around 3,000 + of these sitting at the front of my picklist.

Edited by LornaHenderson

Re Addenda:

A lot of them seem to have been created around Jan 2000, at least those I've not edited since.  There's around 3,000 + of these sitting at the front of my picklist.

But that cannot be the full story, as one of the ones that doesn't come up right is definitely a newly added name-nick, probably in 6.02 as I only added it when I put my Mum up on the web a few weeks ago.

Ignore the bit about the 6.02 added name as that one had an intentionally excluded surname when I checked more closely.

I am reassured that 6.03 is fine and that I have an historical problem here, from who knows how long ago.

Looking at Lorna's project. The issue is basically what I suspected. The special names using an inferred surname for nicknames have not been created correctly and were not repaired by name validation in project update. Now trying to determine why. The name data entered by Lorna is intact and there is no data integrity issue... just a display issue. Any given Name-Nick tag can have the display name corrected by opening the tag and forcing a rewrite of the given name.