ChowBoy

Obituary as source

I have over 1200 obituaries in my previous genealogy program database. Most of them come from several local newspapers, but I do have probably a dozen or more newspapers that I use as sources for the other obits.

How do I create an obituary source in TMG 6 for multiple obituaries from the same paper?

ChowBoy

I use a generic source: "obituaries" and then, in the cd, I put the name of the newspaper, the date and the page.  Keeps it simple.

Carol Collins

Carol,

I know this is a dumb question - but what do you mean by "cd"?

ChowBoy

I know this is a dumb question - but what do you mean by "cd"?

It's not dumb if you don't know what it means. :rolleyes:

CD means Citation Detail - the area on the Citation screen where you would enter any details about how this source supports this tag.

The idea she is describing is to create a Source that is very general, then put all the details, like in this case the name of the newspaper, in the Citation Detail when you cite this source. It's a way of avoiding a long list of similiar sources in the Master Source List.

It's not dumb if you don't know what it means.  :rolleyes:

CD means Citation Detail - the area on the Citation screen where you would enter any details about how this source supports this tag.

The idea she is describing is to create a Source that is very general, then put all the details, like in this case the name of the newspaper, in the Citation Detail when you cite this source. It's a way of avoiding a long list of similiar sources in the Master Source List.

Terry,

Thanks! I knew it had to do with citation, but I didn't connect the "d" with detail.

ChowBoy