LornaHenderson

6.04 freeze when adding embedded citation

My first 6.04 freeze:

From a large memo on a tag, used paste unformatted text to add to the memo.

positioned cursor where I wanted an embedded citation, app key and arows to select embedded ciation

quick keyed GR to get to where I wanted, and arrowed a bit further down to the right entry.

Selected Edit for it to check what it would say, clicked attachments, had a couple of goes getting the right repository, ie changed my mind which one I wanted, all whilst still in the repository screen, selected the one I wanted, got back to the screen where you can add a reference number, and everything froze, no check for update available.

Used task manager to shut down TMG.

I can see an open .dbf window behind the task manager "End visual fox pro now? window.

Addenda:

Went back to finish what I was trying to do:

I had lost the memo additions, so this time I saved the memo and tag before adding the citation.

Postioned cursor, app key, arrow to embed, selected the source, tabbed to edit, arrowed across to attachment tab.

F2 to bring up list of repositories - but that didn't work, so had to click on binoculars

clicked on the required repository, which was sitting at the top of the screen as the most recently used (I don't think it's the 1st on the list)

took me back to Source definition, attachment tab, showing my selected repository, but resolutely frozen again.

Once again, as soon as I selected TMG End task, up popped the open dbf dialogue box.

PPS:

Can successully add the repository via Tools, Master Source List, and F2 worked there, just not whilst in Tag entry

Edited by LornaHenderson

After I ran the 6.04 update, the "Open" .dbf window appears EVERY TIME after I add a new tag and click "OK", as well.

What a pain in the neck!!!!! - - How do I go back to 6.03?

Earl

Hi, Earl,

After I ran the 6.04 update, the "Open" .dbf window appears EVERY TIME after I add a new tag and click "OK", as well.

Seems to be a different issue and as I saw you started a new topic on this - Thanks.

What a pain in the neck!!!!! - - How do I go back to 6.03?

Please let me know which update file (from version to version) you need and I can sent it to you of list. I've stored different update files privately. :)

Please let me also know your email address.

Hopefully you have a working and up-to-date backup file of your data build with version 6.03 before the update. B)

You're welcome, Vera