Astrid

Primary Non-image Person exhibits? V.6.07

Hi,

just stumbled over the fact that non-image Person exhibits (Audio, Video, Text and OLE) can be selected as Primary in their respective properties (never noticed it before) - Help says:

----------------------------------

Primary

Place a check in the box next to Primary if you want this *image* to be used as the primary one for reports or charts, and in the Image Window.

----------------------------------

My question:

Is this a bug or a 'feature'?

Considering the above, I don't see the point of non-image exhibits being primary, so if it's a 'feature' - where would they be used?

Slightly puzzled :)

Astrid,

I tried an external text file as a primary person exhibit with output to Word. It worked and that might be useful.

I also tried a WMV and nothing was output. So some exhibits that can be marked as primary aren't actually output.

Jim

Hi Jim,

thanks for taking the time to check it out :)

However, I still do have some concerns with this:

1. If Primary is not meant to be confined to *image* exhibits, Help should be changed accordingly in that makes it clear that non-image exhibits can, in fact, be primary and should then also contain mention that primary non-image exhibits will not be shown in e.g. charts, image window and a number of reports.

As it is now, I find Help confusing and/or incomplete

I tried an external text file as a primary person exhibit with output to Word. It worked and that might be useful.

2. OK, but I've so far found at least one where I, personally, wouldn't consider the output desirable:

Individual Detail: If output of 'Image' is selected under Options > Exhibits, the first line of a primary text exhibit actually shows following the name of the report subject - please see gif attachment for clarification

post-165-1131433839_thumb.png

I also tried a WMV and nothing was output. So some exhibits that can be marked as primary aren't actually output.

3. So, *at least* for those which are not output, IMHO, the user should not be able to select them as Primary - ?

Just my 2 AU cents <G>