Kevin Schultz

6.08 Backup Problem

After upgrading to 6.08, I immediately had a problem backing up my project from a user login that does not have administrator rights.

Prior to upgrading, while logged in as a "normal" user (without administrator rights), I backed up the project. I logged in as administrator (running Windows XP Pro, SP2). I upgraded from 6.07 to 6.08 and then rebooted the computer. I logged in as a normal user again and ran the VFI utility (found and corrected 3 problems), ran reindex and optimize. Then I tried to backup the project again. It now presents an error message with an OLE error. Selecting Ignore gives a different error message as can be seen in the screen captures below.

TMG_608_Backup.ppt

If I log in as administrator, the backup function works properly.

Kevin

After upgrading to 6.08, I immediately had a problem backing up my project from a user login that does not have administrator rights.

I decided to uninstall version 6.08 and reinstall version 6.07. Before uninstalling, I confirmed that the issue had not gone away. I uninstalled version 6.08 and reinstalled 6.07. The problem was corrected and I can backup from any user login now. The problem certainly appears to be with the 6.08 upgrade.

Kevin

If I log in as administrator, the backup function works properly.

Kevin

I am having the same problem, but not with an OLE error. When I am logged on as a power user (XP Pro) I get the following errors when trying to back up my project. (This is not the backup that is done in response to the prompt at shut-down where some others are reporting problems, but just clicking on the backup option.)

First:

"Input file read failure - this error occurs when a file read operation is performed on a ZIP file that is locked or restricted by another process."

After acknowledging the above, I get:

"Error occurred during backup. Output file write failure, possible disk full."

The backup disk is "hidden" hard drive D: on a new computer, with most of its 160 GB unused.

Then, out of curiosity, I logged off and logged back in as administrator, and everything worked fine and the backup went without a hitch. I am working on a new XP system after having 6.07 on a W98 system, so I didn't know whether the problem was related to me not understanding user privileges and setting permissions properly, or if it was 6.08.

John

Several persons on the Dutch TMG user group complain about this backup-restore problem. It is not acceptable that this bug exists.

Wholly Genes should really rush out an upgrade to eliminate this bug.

Pieter Cramwinckel TMGWNED list owner