JohnR

Tag sentence problem 6.08

Name Change tag. I edited the sentence in a single name change tag to include date, UK English is the default. Changed sentence appeared in its usual place but failed to produce the desired result on a SS upload. Returned to tag - sentence gone though it was preserved in the edit sentence. Copied sentence, pasted to US English and all is fine - except I selected UK English as default when the option was first given to us! I use UK English and US Places - if that makes any difference? Any suggestions?

John

John,

What does "sentence gone though it was preserved in the edit sentence" mean? Specifically, what is the "edit sentence"?

This sounds like a TMG issue given that the sentence did not appear in the tag editing window when you returned to it. I am curious, though, do you have Language.Sentence Language set to English UK in Second Site? How is Language.Default to English set?

John,

What does "sentence gone though it was preserved in the edit sentence" mean? Specifically, what is the "edit sentence"?

This sounds like a TMG issue given that the sentence did not appear in the tag editing window when you returned to it. I am curious, though, do you have Language.Sentence Language set to English UK in Second Site? How is Language.Default to English set?

Fear not, its a TMG problem (I only notice these things when I read them in SS). To clarify, I edited the default sentence, it then appeared in the "edited sentence" display below the text editor but when I returned to it later it had disappeared because US English then seemed to be the default though I hadn't altered the set-up. I have a feeling that this new P1 and P2 copying is messing things up.

John