I have a felling what I want can't be done without editing the resulting report, but I thought I would ask anyway.

I'm looking for a report that would use the sentences I've created but still show a family, similar to a family group sheet. The Journal report looks great, and certainly coverers this aspect. The one thing I'm wondering is can I have it include the spouse events for the primary person but not for their children since they have thier own report(see putline blow)? If not here is there any other type of report that will accomplish this?

sample outline:

Generation One

1. John Smith's events

John Smith's wife's events

i. Henry Smith events, inclues married Jane doe but not her events.

Generation two

repeat with Henry and Jane

Edit: I just relized what I want is shown on the sample reports site for the "Spouse Events" journal report. How do you supprese the childrens events like that? Is it the number of generations, or some other option I'm missing?

Alison

Edited by Alison

In a journal report, spouse events are only shown once. If the person is at the subject level, the spouse events are shown there. If a child has no children (and is never elevated to a subject level), the spouse events are shown there. Spouse events are never shown at the child level and then repeated if the child is elevated to the subject level.

In a journal report, spouse events are only shown once. If the person is at the subject level, the spouse events are shown there. If a child has no children (and is never elevated to a subject level), the spouse events are shown there. Spouse events are never shown at the child level and then repeated if the child is elevated to the subject level.

So if I'm understandig this right then if I run the report for multiple generations then I should get what I want. Is this correct?

If so, is there a way to force a page break between generations? I know it sounds strange, but it fits better in my temprary reserch files this way.

So if I'm understandig this right then if I run the report for multiple generations then I should get what I want. Is this correct?

I'm guessing so; however, try it.

If so, is there a way to force a page break between generations? I know it sounds strange, but it fits better in my temprary reserch files this way.

Don't see any way (unless I'm missing it) other than to use the master document feature which can give a separate file per generation.

You could send the report to a word processor (which I always do anyway) and do a search and replace - change "Generation" to "[page break] Generation" -

this would also put one before the first generation, which you might want to remove.

You could send the report to a word processor (which I always do anyway) and do a search and replace - change "Generation" to "[page break] Generation" -

this would also put one before the first generation, which you might want to remove.

Thanks, I don't know why I didn't think of including the pagebrake in the replace sting. I guess fussing with sentances to long makes you forget the basics :D