loribragg

Accents in ancestor chart

I have created several charts using accents to color the boxes. Most come out beautifully but I have one that doesn't color the boxes at all. The accent I'm using is Ancestor Interest and I have used 1 for the paternal line and 2 for the maternal line. The chart includes ancestor siblings and the boxes would only be colored for the direct ancestors, leaving the rest white. However, all of the boxes are white.

Is there something that is overriding the "use accents" box under the boxes tab? I know this works from the other charts I've done and I have checked that the accents exist. I'm probably missing something I just can't see it! :blink:

Any help appreciated.

Lori Bragg

I can't get accents in the box charts based on the Ancestor Interest or Descendant Interest flags unless I'm missing something. Tried the SEX flag and some other flags and they worked perfectly.

I searched and found this was reported some time ago and the fix is still pending.

My suggestion is to create new custom flags to accomplish the same thing.

For example, I made a new flag Desc_Int with settings of ?,1,2,3,4.

Used the List of people report to transfer the settings from the Descendant Interest flag to the Desc_int flag. Filter by the Descendant Interest flag setting and use the LOP secondary output to set the Desc_Int flag setting. Or filter more directly for how you want to set the Desc_Int flag setting.

This approach completely bypasses the problem and gives you your accents.

I also have this problem !

From the experiments that I have done, it looks to be the case that flags that have a name that is a single word will work fine, but flags that have a name of two words do not work - for example 'Ancestor Interest', 'Multiple Birth' do not work.

Anyone from WG care to comment?

Many thanks,

Simon,

Canterbury.

UK.