Shaundm

Bio tags - How do you deal with them....

I am keen on the "Individual Detail Report (IDR)" and "Journal Report (which forms the basis of my SS output)". Here is my scenario...

The bio tags print of the IDR without having the person as a witness to the birth, however they do not print on the journal if they are not as a witness.

The birth tags print on the journal (and SS) but only if the person is as a witness to the birth (and I then set the role as father/mother). This then means that on the IDR the birth appears as Son-Bio and also as the witness to the birth, ie twice for each person which is not ideal. It then appears OK on SS and the journal.

Is this the best way to do it & put up with it twice on the IDR? Or is there a better way.........

Thanks

Shaun,

In SS, most formats explicitly include the primary parents. You can also use the "Add Parent Sentence" option to add a sentence that shows the primary parents. The Add Parent Sentence option has a sort date of one day after the birth tag's sort date, so the parent sentence prints right after the birth event.

SS ignores non-primary relationship tags and so in SS, it's better to use witnesses for godparents, for example.

In TMG's journal report, I think children are shown under the parent who is the primary subject of the current entry and is an ancestor or descendant of the overall subject of the journal report, but they are grouped by the current subject's spouse or partner who was the co-parent.

As a result of the above, all I do with BIO tags and other relationship tags is add them when adding related people.

The "bio" tags do not print in TMG Journals as such, but are used to create the lists of children.

Since the children are listed in the Journal, and the bio tags print directly in the IDR, why do you want to add the parents as witnesses to the birth tags?

The "bio" tags do not print in TMG Journals as such, but are used to create the lists of children.

Since the children are listed in the Journal, and the bio tags print directly in the IDR, why do you want to add the parents as witnesses to the birth tags?

Hi

Having reviewed what John noted, I have not put the parents as witnesses and left it as bio tags. I was trying to include the birth info within the body of the paragraph rather than at the end. I now think that I was trying to complicate things too much and am going to stick with it as the standard jounal report. This means removing the witnessses from the birth info (luckily not too many).

I think I was trying too much, I am almost at a stage where i am happy with all of my reports now.... thankfully..

Thanks again.