Shaundm

Languages, still have other langauges even though deleted

I have created a custom language called English2 which is my default language. I have deleted all other languages such as Norweigian, etc and only have 2 languagues in TMG called English (template) and English 2.

However when i click on 'Tag Type List' and select some of my tags, some other languaes appear, such as Norweigian, etc.

Is there any way of deleting these others somehow and refering to the default language? I suspect that at some time they have been accidently selected (or may be in use in error).

Also I would like to change to "place style" globally from the default style to a "custom style" which has already been created, is this possible?

Edited by Shaundm

I have created a custom language called English2 which is my default language. I have deleted all other languages such as Norweigian, etc and only have 2 languagues in TMG called English (template) and English 2.

However when i click on 'Tag Type List' and select some of my tags, some other languaes appear, such as Norweigian, etc.

As you have discovered, languages exist in several places in TMG. The language list on the File menu controls the 1) language used for the interface, 2) the language that selected by default for Sentences, 3) the language selected by default for new report definitions.

But there are two sources for languages listed in the Sentence drop-down. One is the list of languages on the File menu - every language listed there will appear, whether or not there is a sentence in that language. But the other is the Project itself. If a sentence exists in a Tag Type for any language in the project files, regardless of whether or not that language appears in the list of languages on the file menu, that language will appear on the sentence screen for that tag type.

For some time now TMG has shipped with sentences in several languages, and new projects created since that capability was added will include those languages. I don't know of a way to delete them once they exist in the project.

Don't bother deleting them.

When you select your language in the FILE>LANGUAGE screen, it will automatically make that the default language when creating new sentences.

Then you will need to select that language for your reports. Once this is done, they will use that language from then on.

Then in each tag type, you can select a place style to be used with that tag type. Once these are set, whenever you open a new tag, that place style will be selected. You can set it GLOBALLY under FILE>DATASET MANAGER. If one is set for the tag type, it will over rule what is set at the DATASET MANAGER level.

Don't bother deleting them.

When you select your language in the FILE>LANGUAGE screen, it will automatically make that the default language when creating new sentences.

Then you will need to select that language for your reports. Once this is done, they will use that language from then on.

Then in each tag type, you can select a place style to be used with that tag type. Once these are set, whenever you open a new tag, that place style will be selected. You can set it GLOBALLY under FILE>DATASET MANAGER. If one is set for the tag type, it will over rule what is set at the DATASET MANAGER level.

Hi, Just to clarify my query.

My new entries are created fine using the correct language and place style.

For some of my older existing events, they are set to be "US Place style", as that must of been the dafult when I eneterd that information some time ago. I now want to change that style to my new default for every occurance. I could obviously do this manually to every instance where I find it as and when I find it, but this could be on hundreds of events, etc., which is why i would like to change the place style globally if possible.

Therefore my question is, is it possible to change the place style globally?

Thanks

Has anyone worked out a way to delete a language that is greyed out, as the delete option is not selectable?

Shaun

Has anyone worked out a way to delete a language that is greyed out, as the delete option is not selectable?

So far as I know, only the standard English - English(U.S.) - and English2 cannot be deleted. Do you find that with any others?