Jesper Beenfeldt Nielsen

Exhibit - many persons in one image

I've just started working with exhibits.

I have one image with a lot of persons in it. Can I link this image to many individuals in my database in an easy way? Or should I just attach it to easch person one by one - and write the caption a lot of times?

I work with external exhibits.

Rgds

Jesper Nielsen,

Denmark

I made a Group Photo tag by copying the History tag. History group tags don't have principals, just witnesses, then I attach everybody in the photo as a witness. See the thread on Image help on Rootsweb TMG-L I posted to today for more info.

I have done the same thing. I make the tag for the "principal" person (or couple) in the photo and the attach everyone else as Witnesses (with a custom photographed role) to the tag. I believe Terry Riegel has a detailed explanation on his wonderful site on how to do just that.

Ken.

I have created an image tag. I attach the photo to it and then attach everyone in it to the tag.

I have done the same thing. I make the tag for the "principal" person (or couple) in the photo and the attach everyone else as Witnesses (with a custom photographed role) to the tag. I believe Terry Riegel has a detailed explanation on his wonderful site on how to do just that.

Ken.

Thank you all, I will try this apporach.

But I can't find this issue mentionen in Terry Riegels site, Any hints?

Jesper

One other thing. If you intend to use Second Site to eventually display these photos, you should check out the Image Mapping you can do with John Cardinal's utility. You can insert captions and links to each person in the photo. It's pretty neat.

But I can't find this issue mentionen in Terry Riegels site, Any hints?

Sorry - you won't find anything about exhibits on my site. Learning how to use them effectively in Second Site is on my list of things to do. But don't hold your breath. :)

I apologize. Having used your website to learn so many other things about TMG I just assumed your site was where I had seen the article about the photograph tag. I guess I must have seen it someplace else. Nevertheless, your site is a must see for anyone new (or not-so-new) to TMG.

Ken.

Sorry - you won't find anything about exhibits on my site. Learning how to use them effectively in Second Site is on my list of things to do. But don't hold your breath. :)