holgersen

Dates in Research Log causing problems

Today I wanted to add a task in my research log. The "Designed" field is automatically set to today's date. Now, I'm running the Danish language version of TMG 6.09 and so the month 'oct' is automatically converted to the Danish version which is 'okt'. However, TMG will not accept this as a valid date when I press 'OK' after having entered the task information and hence the task is never accepted. There's no way I can enter the task and actually I also cannot Cancel the task as it says "'08 okt 2006' is an Irregular date".

Need I say that I find the same problem for the month of May as this is converted to the Danish 'maj'?

Best regards

- Jesper Holgersen

Jesper,

I understand the issue of non-English dates not being accepted in date fields, but I cannot replicate the problem you report for the Research Log. When I try, the date is always displayed in the English format when the screen is open for editing.

Which version of TMG are you using? Perhaps this has been fixed in the the current version (6.09)?

If 6.09 what you are using, could you please explain step by step what you are doing that gets you to this problem?

In the meantime, I'd think you can work around the issue by changing the entered date to an accepted format - either the English spelling of the month or an all-numeric format.

Jesper,

I understand the issue of non-English dates not being accepted in date fields, but I cannot replicate the problem you report for the Research Log. When I try, the date is always displayed in the English format when the screen is open for editing.

Which version of TMG are you using? Perhaps this has been fixed in the the current version (6.09)?

If 6.09 what you are using, could you please explain step by step what you are doing that gets you to this problem?

In the meantime, I'd think you can work around the issue by changing the entered date to an accepted format - either the English spelling of the month or an all-numeric format.

Hi again,

I'm using TMG 6.09 and no matter how I enter the date (8 oct 2006, 6-10-2006 etc.) it will always change to '08 okt 2006' as soon as I step out of the date-field. I never enter dates in Danish but I am of course using Danish as language :)

A simple step-by-step instruction:

1. For the current person I press the button for the research log

2. I then press add to add a task

3. I enter a name for the task

4. I press tab twice (now the 'oct' turns into 'okt')

5. I press 'Ok' or 'Cancel' and I get an error message

That's it!

Best regards

- Jesper

Hi again,

I'm using TMG 6.09 and no matter how I enter the date (8 oct 2006, 6-10-2006 etc.) it will always change to '08 okt 2006' as soon as I step out of the date-field. I never enter dates in Danish but I am of course using Danish as language :)

That's it!

Best regards

- Jesper

Hi, Jesper,

yes, unfortunately you are right and I am able to reproduce this. It will be reported.

The "May" issue was already reported some time ago and should be fixed in next release of TMG.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks Jesper. Now I see the issue. I was not actually entering the Date field. As long as you don't tab through, or click on, the date field, the English spelling remains and the screen closes with no problem.

That gets you past the "Designed" date, but you have the same issue if you try to enter an October date in any of the other date fields.

Hi, Jesper,

as I already said in my previous message both the "May" and the "Oct" issue will be fixed in next release of TMG.

Hi, Jesper,

as I already said in my previous message both the "May" and the "Oct" issue will be fixed in next release of TMG.

I am using the German language option and have a similar problem (TMG 6.09). However, it is not limited to the spelling of the month. The date fields do not accept any date format, except the four digits of the year (e.g. 2006).

I am using the German language option and have a similar problem (TMG 6.09). However, it is not limited to the spelling of the month. The date fields do not accept any date format, except the four digits of the year (e.g. 2006).

Hi, Max,

that's the same underlying issue and this also will be fixed in next release of TMG. :)