jkbrown2

Problem adding Tag

Since I upgraded to V6.12 every time I attempt to type in a tag entry box the Exhibit Log opens. I have tried restarting the computer and it did not help. Does anyone know how to stop the Exhibit Log opening when I try to type? I need help ASAP. I am not able to add or edit a tag because of this problem. :(

Edited by jkbrown2

Since I upgraded to V6.12 every time I attempt to type in a tag entry box the Exhibit Log opens. I have tried restarting the computer and it did not help. Does anyone know how to stop the Exhibit Log opening when I try to type? I need help ASAP. I am not able to add or edit a tag because of this problem. :(

See this thread on the same problem:

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...ost&p=24173

The last message indicates that one user fixed it by reinstalling Windows.

Virginia

This has been posted by one other user. See the forum topic:

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...ic=6216&hl=

I suggest you contact Wholly Genes directly for help as this seems to be an unusual problem with a system. That other user ultimately reinstalled Windows which cleared the problem.

Another user said that only the Name_Var tag did not have this problem. Could you check that tag and see if you notice the same thing?

Virginia

Another user said that only the Name_Var tag did not have this problem. Could you check that tag and see if you notice the same thing?

Virginia

I just tried and the Name_Var tag does work. I haven't tried every tag, but all others that I have tried do not. I mostly use my laptop for data entry, then restore to my mainframe. I checked and my mainframe is having the same problem! So it is diffinately not a hardware problem. Both laptop and mainframe were working fine until I upgraded to V6.12. I have not done a restore since upgrading so that is also not the problem. I am running XP Home, Mozilla Firefox, and Panda Anti-Virus on both systems. Unfortunately I did not discover the problem in time to call customer service! :wacko:

I just tried and the Name_Var tag does work. I haven't tried every tag, but all others that I have tried do not. I mostly use my laptop for data entry, then restore to my mainframe. I checked and my mainframe is having the same problem! So it is diffinately not a hardware problem. Both laptop and mainframe were working fine until I upgraded to V6.12. I have not done a restore since upgrading so that is also not the problem. I am running XP Home, Mozilla Firefox, and Panda Anti-Virus on both systems. Unfortunately I did not discover the problem in time to call customer service! :wacko:

Thanks for checking the Name_Var tag. I wonder if Panda could have removed a critical file. Does it keep a quarantine list?

Virginia

Thanks for checking the Name_Var tag. I wonder if Panda could have removed a critical file. Does it keep a quarantine list?

Virginia

The only thing I see listed is spyware and I have not run a full scan for a couple of weeks. I know that I have added tags since my last scan. I still believe that it has something to do with the update. I don't recall adding any tags after the update until I tried today.

Good news!!! A trick suggested by Vera Nagel worked. It was a

bit strange I must say, kind of like one of those old wives tales where

to get rid of a wart you go out at midnight and swing a dead polecat

around your head 27 times while whistling Dixie. Vera told me to run

maintenance-file validation, then optimize. Then to open up a new tag

and in the memo field press and hold the M key until I had at least 3

lines of Mmmms. Then copy and paste those Mmmms I had typed to give me twice

the Mmmms. Then she said to type 1664 in the date field. It worked!!!! No

more exhibit log and I was able to enter multiple tags with absolutely

no problem. However, when I closed TMG and restarted it, there was the

dreaded exhibit log again. I tried the M trick again (no maintenance this

time), and presto! it worked again. This is not a permanent

fix, but it is a good work around. I'll let tech support figure out

why that worked and hopefully fix the bug.

Now about another problem, I have this wart and I've thrown my

shoulder out and smell like a dead polecat. Any suggestions? :D

John

Edited by jkbrown2

Now about another problem, I have this wart and I've thrown my

shoulder out and smell like a dead polecat. Any suggestions? :D

John

John,

Wartner, and tomato juice. :D Glad a workaround works. Wonder if you could create a dummy tag and put that in that one tag and have the fix work for more than one session. Might be worth a try.