wfmyers

Journal Report

When I create a Journal Report (Descendants) of my ancestor, some entries include spouses parents' names but others do not. How can I make all spouses' parents' names appear?

Need more information for ordinary users like myself to answer your question. Is there anything in common about when the parents are included and when they are not? Which sentence have them and which do not? Is it dependent upon the tag type, e.g. Marriage has them but Birth does not, or...? Do all the sentences where you expect the parents to be included have some variation of the [PAR] sentence variable? Do the spouses that do not show parents have a set of parents that are marked primary? Happy to try to help :) , but need more information.

When I create a Journal Report (Descendants) of my ancestor, some entries include spouses parents' names but others do not. How can I make all spouses' parents' names appear?

Where to the statements about the parents appear for those that do? In the marriage sentence? By default, TMG has the [PARO] variable in the sentence for the marriage tag. So, one thing to do is to compare the sentences for those tags that print parents with those that don't.

Another possibility is that you sureties set too high, and the those parents that are omitted don't have sureties on there name tags as high as your report setting.

Where to the statements about the parents appear for those that do? In the marriage sentence? By default, TMG has the [PARO] variable in the sentence for the marriage tag. So, one thing to do is to compare the sentences for those tags that print parents with those that don't.

Another possibility is that you sureties set too high, and the those parents that are omitted don't have sureties on there name tags as high as your report setting.

As Terry suggested, the problem may be with the surety settings. On the General tab, try ticking both 'No Threshold' and 'Include blank surety' and see if that gets everyone.

Virginia

The statements about the spouse's parents appear in the marriage sentence. I believe the material that was imported from Ultimate Family Tree a few years ago does not give the parent statement. Marriages created in TMG do have the parents. Can you help? Thanks!

The statements about the spouse's parents appear in the marriage sentence. I believe the material that was imported from Ultimate Family Tree a few years ago does not give the parent statement. Marriages created in TMG do have the parents. Can you help? Thanks!

You are correct that the sentences imported from UFT do not have the parent statement as UFT added it automatically and did not depend on a parameter. Also the sentences imported from UFT will have roles of Bride and Groom. If you edit the marriage tag in the Master Tag List and add the <[PARO]> parameter at the appropriate place in the sentences for Bride and Groom this will all the parent statement to all that are using the default sentence for Bride and Groom. If there are any Bride and Groom sentences that have been modified at the local tag level they will not be changed and they will have to be located and changed manually. This can be done with filter on one of the list reports. If you need details on how, let me know...