karenz

error opening exhibit properties

For some reason I can't open "properties" on any of my exhibits anymore. I can view them, but it's impossible to add a caption or any other information. I'm using 6.12 and I run all three maintenance procedures every time before closing the program

This is the error:

OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered. 35 FRMEXHIBIT.MSETPROPERTY

What's causing this, and how can I correct it?

Thanks

Karen

Discussing this with the programmer.

Jim

I've just discovered that I can open exhibit properties on my laptop with no problem. The problem is just on the desktop, which is the computer I usually use for entering data. On both computers, the exhibits are external and they have the same path.

Is it safe for me to update my project on the laptop at this point, or will I be transferring the problem to it?

Thanks

Karen

I've just discovered that I can open exhibit properties on my laptop with no problem. The problem is just on the desktop, which is the computer I usually use for entering data. On both computers, the exhibits are external and they have the same path.

Is it safe for me to update my project on the laptop at this point, or will I be transferring the problem to it?

Thanks

Karen

Thanks for reporting this Karenz, as I am having the exact same problem. I am using my desktop and haven't tried moving the program to my laptop. My windows xp is current and all the updates are in place. I miss the CAPTIONS, and I hate error messages!

I wonder if the programmer is looking into this one. Jim? are you out there? Thanks so much for any help you can give us. I have never had problems before with TMG. :unsure:

OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered. 35 FRMEXHIBIT.MSETPROPERTY

The answer that I received is that this appears to be a result of a change to Windows Media Player.

You need to try the following:

1) Run the Command Prompt

2) Navigate to c:\windows\system32

3) Run the following command:

regsvr32 msdxm.ocx

That should 'register' msdxm.ocx.

If you need help with trying this, please contact Support directly and they will walk you through this.

Report back whether this works or not.

The answer that I received is that this appears to be a result of a change to Windows Media Player.

You need to try the following:

1) Run the Command Prompt

2) Navigate to c:\windows\system32

3) Run the following command:

regsvr32 msdxm.ocx

That should 'register' msdxm.ocx.

If you need help with trying this, please contact Support directly and they will walk you through this.

Report back whether this works or not.

Jim,

My problem cleared up spontaneously a couple of weeks after it began. But this is interesting, because I believe I had updated Windows Media Player prior to receiving the error message. I had not installed anything new--just updated the Player, Antivirus and Spyware programs. I have, since then, updated Windows Media Player at least once more, and maybe that corrected the problem. I'll keep this fix in mind though, should it occur again.

Thanks!

Karen