half pint

NEW DATA SETS

Hi

My original data set has grown so much that I have now opened an additional one. Could sks suggest how I can move some people from one to the other.

Regards

Half Pint

Hi

My original data set has grown so much that I have now opened an additional one. Could sks suggest how I can move some people from one to the other.

Regards

Half Pint

I wonder why you have split it into two datsets. My advice is always to run one dataset per project.

Spliting into two datasets, in my opinion has no performance as the file size is not reduced (files are made on a project not database basis).

I have never founsd any benefits in splitting a project in two or more datasets

Hi

Regards

Half Pint

see my answer to your topic http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...?showtopic=6971

why post the same question twice?

As Peter says, don't. :)

It does not help with system performance, makes it impossible to do genealogy reports or websites that contain people from both data sets, and greatly complicates maintence of any custom tag types, source types, styles, etc.

But if you still want to, Vera's suggestion should get you there.