DebbieV76

Gathering and confirming information for 100th anniversary reunion

Our family is celebrating our 100th anniversary reunion next year. The intent is to publish a family book.

Lots to do... so little time. :blink:

We already have a TMG database with over 4,000 relatives.

I really want to confirm the information we have and add what we do not.

The thought was to send a family group sheet as we send the invitations for this year's reunion.

Does anyone have a template in conjunction with the family group sheet they have used to gather/confirm information that produced good results?

My concerns: that folks would fill in the information properly... most wouldn't have a clue.

Knowing who provided it (for source info).

And making sure the updated information finds its way back.

I thought of pasting the family group sheet into at Word doc with contact information and instructions added.

I've played around with some ideas, but wanted to see what others may have done. Why re-invent the wheel?

thanks so much!

Debbie

Edited by DebbieV76

Send the Group Sheet BEFORE the invitations with an announcement of the reunion but no details as to when and where and explain that those details will be provided once the group sheet is returned. <GRIN>

Our family is celebrating our 100th anniversary reunion next year. The intent is to publish a family book.

Lots to do... so little time. :blink:

We already have a TMG database with over 4,000 relatives.

I really want to confirm the information we have and add what we do not.

The thought was to send a family group sheet as we send the invitations for this year's reunion.

Does anyone have a template in conjunction with the family group sheet they have used to gather/confirm information that produced good results?

My concerns: that folks would fill in the information properly... most wouldn't have a clue.

Knowing who provided it (for source info).

And making sure the updated information finds its way back.

I thought of pasting the family group sheet into at Word doc with contact information and instructions added.

I've played around with some ideas, but wanted to see what others may have done. Why re-invent the wheel?

thanks so much!

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

I find myself in the same situation now...we have a reunion coming up and I'd like to collect updated info for everyone while they are there. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing what you did in your situation? I'm planning on bringing my laptop with TMG on it it, but I think a line will form waiting for me to type everything in.

Thanks!

Steve

I just have some blank forms (I got them years ago at a library conference) and in the corner is a contact information spot (I ask for full name, address, phone number, email etc.)

Problem is you will get a goodly number of them back at the reunion. You might do better to take orders for the book at the reunion, add updated information in the weeks that follow, print the book and then mail out the copies. Saves printing costs too if you know how many people are purchasing the book.

And as soon as the book is printed, someone will send you their lost branch and want to know if it's going to be in the book. I guarantee it.