Markus(de)

Wishlist: Place names

(I've only had a quick look at past postings and can't see this one there, so sorry if it is a repeat)

I would like to have a dropdownlist by enter place names. This would avoid multiple entries in the Master Place List because of typing errors. I entered german cities with City, State, Country and even LatLong (to make unique). And so you have to insert all fields for every person for every event. That's unpleasant ;) . Or do I something wrong?

Better: AddOn like Gazetter in Map My Family Tree or Microsoft Virtual Earth in Family Tree Maker 2008 (Beta). This would be great!! :D

Markus

www.kalina-online.net

I would like to have a dropdownlist by enter place names. This would avoid multiple entries in the Master Place List because of typing errors. I entered german cities with City, State, Country and even LatLong (to make unique). And so you have to insert all fields for every person for every event. That's unpleasant ;) . Or do I something wrong?

If it is the same place as the last one that you recorded, then press F3 in the place fields to repeat those values. If it is among the last 15 places that you entered, then put the cursor in the first place field and press Ctrl+F3. Or F2 will give you a list of all places ever entered (starting with the field which contains the cursor).

Better: AddOn like Gazetter in Map My Family Tree or Microsoft Virtual Earth in Family Tree Maker 2008 (Beta). This would be great!! :D

Where do you think they got the idea :P ? In the top-right corner of the Tag Entry screen, there is a button to search for the place in online gazetteers ("Look up this place on the web") and another button to use online mapping services to generate a map of the place ('Get amap of this place").

(I've only had a quick look at past postings and can't see this one there, so sorry if it is a repeat)

Markus

www.kalina-online.net

Hallo Markus,

auch von mir ein herzliches Willkommen bei TMG.

Wie Du ja schon der vorherigen Antwort auf Deine Frage / Anregung entnehmen konntest, sind Deine Wünsche für TMG kein Thema mehr - da bereits als Funktionalität im Programm implementiert.

Falls Bedarf an deutschsprachigen TMG Tips besteht, kann ich Dir (falls nicht schon bekannt) nur wärmstens Terry Reigel's TMG Tips empfehlen.

Diese findest Du unter http://tmg.reigelridge.com/de/index.htm

@Bob Velke: Thanks - that will help ;)

@Vera Nagel:

Hallo Vera,

Danke für den Link - ich kannte die Seite noch nicht. Ich nutze TMG nun schon fast 3 Jahre, aber eine deutsche Seite - auf die Idee bin ich gar nicht gekommen ;). Hier im Forum hab ich mich auch erst gestern angemeldet. Aber mehr wegen dem Tipp mit dem SyncToy. Und da ich dann schon mal hier war, hab ich das gefragt, was mir bei meiner letzten Massenerfassung negativ auffiel - und das aus Unkenntnis :huh:

Ich habe auch noch Companion Produkte: Second Site (bin schon ganz gespannt auf die Version 2.x), Pocket Genealogist und nun auch Map My Family Tree.

@Bob Velke: Thanks - that will help ;)

@Vera Nagel:

Hallo Vera,

Danke für den Link - ich kannte die Seite noch nicht. Ich nutze TMG nun schon fast 3 Jahre, aber eine deutsche Seite - auf die Idee bin ich gar nicht gekommen ;). Hier im Forum hab ich mich auch erst gestern angemeldet. Aber mehr wegen dem Tipp mit dem SyncToy. Und da ich dann schon mal hier war, hab ich das gefragt, was mir bei meiner letzten Massenerfassung negativ auffiel - und das aus Unkenntnis :huh:

Ich habe auch noch Companion Produkte: Second Site (bin schon ganz gespannt auf die Version 2.x), Pocket Genealogist und nun auch Map My Family Tree.

Second Site Version 2 ist heute erschienen. Ich habe gerade eine entsprechende Ankündigung in der deutschen TMG User Group bei Yahoo veröffentlicht.

Bist Du Mitglied der Liste?

Wenn nein, hier kannst Du Dich anmelden... http://de.groups.yahoo.com/group/tmgde/

Viele Grüsse