DebbieV76

List of changes to the project since a certain date

Heading towards our annual Family reunion, (the 96th one, I think). Ultimately would like lists of births, marriages, etc entered since our last reunion sorted by family line.

Any one have an idea of how I might do this?

Thanks in advance!

Blessings,

Debbie

Sorry, but I can't think of a way to do it this time. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

I can suggest something for next time (but that doesn't help for this reunion):

You could create a custom Flag (maybe called Reunion) and set everyone whose information you shared at the Reunion to 'Y'. Now after the reunion, any time you make a change to something in a person (have the discipline to) change the flag to 'N' so you will know that there is new information to report at the next reunion.

Hope this gives you ideas,

You can use the Last Edited date to find people whose records have changed since a certain date. You can't limit it in any way, i.e., you can't restrict it to a subset of events. You can use the Last Edited date in a List of people report. If you have a flag that separates people by family line, then you could display that flag in the report and sort by it.

An option for the future is to utilize an otherwise-unused place field for a tag entry date. I use L10 and the date form {yy/mm/dd}. This is an easy system to maintain - update the date at the beginning of data entry and use F3 in that field as tags are added.

You can then run a List of Events with a column for L10 and 'show sensitive data' ticked.

There is a downside - the unique date in L10 makes for multiple listings of a place in the Master Place List. If that is a concern, this method is not recommended.

Virginia