dsc8w

Exporting to a Gedcom file

I have recently noticed that when exporting to a GEDCOM file, that the resulting file includes the GEDcom tag of CHAN, which means "Change" and is shown under each Individual when a change took place.

Is it possible within the Version 6 that when exporting to a GEDCOM file that everything else is included but not the CHAN tag, and if so how does one do it.

Regards

David

Is it possible within the Version 6 that when exporting to a GEDCOM file that everything else is included but not the CHAN tag, and if so how does one do it.

No. Export of the CHAN tag is not optional. I don't know why you would be concerned about this. It is a legal GEDCOM tag and has no influence on the import by other programs. Your concern is website construction?

Looks to me like it would be simple to remove all the CHAN tags using global search and replace with a program such as Word which allows wild cards for pattern matching.

If your concern is posting a GEDCOM to WorldConnect, you can filter it out in the upload process so the tags don't appear on the site. I don't know if other public tree sites can do the same.