bkreuter

Journal Report Failure

Trying to run journal report and it hangs up and I get a "program not responding". I'm trying to do an ancestor report in the Gold version advanced mode. It will have 632 subjects out of a data base of about 9000 subjects. gets to about 18% and hangs up. My system has 2G of Ram and more than enough disk space to write if it uses more that the 2G ram. NEW USER. Do I have something set up wrong in the program or system?

BKreuter

Did you ever get this issue resolved?

Do not rely on a "program not responding"...check the CPU usage under the Performance tab in the Windows Task Manager, if CPU resources are being use the program is still running and creating the report...let it run to completion...if no CPU usage or very low usage then the program may be hung...

Did you ever get this issue resolved?

Yes - for people who might have the same problem in the future. I ran another family with almost twice as many subjecy and it ran so it was not a system or program problem. I had just converted my file over from FTM and apparently there was a bug or something with one of my subjects. I tried running the report with fewer generations until I got down to four generations and it ran witout hanging up. I then ran the report with each person in that generation till I found the subject causing the problem. I disconected that ancestor and tried running the report wide open again and it ran so this was my problem subject. I re entered the subject his spouse and reran and it ran without hanging up. I re entered each of the children and connected the child that was an ancester and it ran OK again. Then I connected the subject and his spouce's ancestors and the report ran without a problem. I had read one of the other entries about a year earlier and it had a problem with the NOTE fields. This subject did not have any note's.

I had read one of the other entries about a year earlier and it had a problem with the NOTE fields. This subject did not have any note's.

I think the problem you mention is with the Memo field, which exists in every tag. It could be in a Note tag, but the same issue could occur in the Memo field of any tag.