Pete48

Changing gender

Hello, I am using ver. 7, just joined the forum so I don't know if this is the right area to post this but I need to change a person from father to mother (I won't go into why I have to do this!) can anyone help? Thank's

Hello, I am using ver. 7, just joined the forum so I don't know if this is the right area to post this but I need to change a person from father to mother (I won't go into why I have to do this!) can anyone help? Thank's

Hi, Pete -

I moved your message to the v7 forum.

To change the gender of the person who is the focus of the Details window, open the Flags window using the toolbar Flags icon (or the menu Window > Flags).

Doubleclick on the SEX flag (or rightclick and 'Edit this flag') to change the gender.

If you wanted to change the Father or Mother to another person already in the dataset, double click on Father or Mother at the top of the Details window and enter their ID# or select someone from the Picklist using the Binoculars button.

Screenshot attached.

Virginia

genderX.jpg

Hi Virginia

Terrific, that worked just fine. I'm still in learning mode with TMG and very impressed with the program.

Thank you so much,

Pete

Hi, Pete -

I moved your message to the v7 forum.

To change the gender of the person who is the focus of the Details window, open the Flags window using the toolbar Flags icon (or the menu Window > Flags).

Doubleclick on the SEX flag (or rightclick and 'Edit this flag') to change the gender.

If you wanted to change the Father or Mother to another person already in the dataset, double click on Father or Mother at the top of the Details window and enter their ID# or select someone from the Picklist using the Binoculars button.

Screenshot attached.

Virginia

post-23-1208449640_thumb.jpg

You're welcome, Pete. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.

Some links you may find helpful and interesting:

Terry Reigel's site:

http://tmg.reigelridge.com/index.htm

Page down to the Table of Contents for a list of articles - everything from basic to advanced subjects.

Forum threads on customized layouts (one of my favorite TMG features):

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...?showtopic=6384

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...?showtopic=9016

Examples of all the TMG reports:

http://www.whollygenes.com/samplereports.php

Virginia

Pete,

Since you are new to TMG, you might also find the email list at rootsweb helpful. To join, send an email to TMG-L-Request@rootsweb.com Then to send an email to the list, use the address TMG-L@rootsweb.com THe list can be very heavy at times, so I suggest to all newbies to use an unique subject line and then delete anything without that subject line for the first few months. Ask as many questions as you'd like and none are too simple. We love to type and it shows. :)

Also you might consider buying the beginner DVDs done by whollygenes, Getting the Most out of TMG edited by Lee Hoffman, or The TMG Primer by Terry Reigel. You can find information about all of these on the whollygenes website.

Thanks for the advice Teresa, but just to clarify... whats on the list?

Pete,

Since you are new to TMG, you might also find the email list at rootsweb helpful. To join, send an email to TMG-L-Request@rootsweb.com Then to send an email to the list, use the address TMG-L@rootsweb.com THe list can be very heavy at times, so I suggest to all newbies to use an unique subject line and then delete anything without that subject line for the first few months. Ask as many questions as you'd like and none are too simple. We love to type and it shows. :)

Also you might consider buying the beginner DVDs done by whollygenes, Getting the Most out of TMG edited by Lee Hoffman, or The TMG Primer by Terry Reigel. You can find information about all of these on the whollygenes website.

Pete -

The TMG rootsweb mailing list predates the Wholly Genes forum by many years. Among the subscribers are hundreds of long-time TMG users, making the list a wonderful resource for 'how-to' questions, as opposed to this forum which tends to get more problem reports. Both kinds of questions are appropriate for the list and the forum, but a question to the mailing list will often result in a wider variety of opinions and suggestions - say for adding a source, or composing a sentence. It's a very friendly group - especially welcoming of newbies.

You can read the monthly archives (this month at the bottom) at

http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/index/TMG

Check it out -

Virginia

Another reason I like the list, is that is is monitored by TMG users of all levels pretty much 24/7. I come here a few times a day when I am off work, once a day otherwise, but my email comes in all day long and I check it about a million times a day. If I need an answer to a TMG question while I am working, I send it to the list, and usually get a reply in a few minutes. Here it might take hours to days for someone to answer it. BUt if it's a very technical problem, or one that I need to post screen shots for, then I come here. Just another wonderful resource to help you learn what you are doing.