TerryD

Filter Husband and Wife

Again, apologies if this is listed elsewhere, I couldn't find it.

If I am looking for a John who is married to a Mary, which is the best way to filter down to just these two names please, i.e. all Johns who are married to Marys?

Thanks in advance - Terry

List of Events Report

Filter

Tag Type Group is "marriage" AND

Principal1 given contains John AND

Principal2 given contains Mary

I've never seen this question before - maybe that's why you couldn't find it. :)

I'd suggest a List of Events report with this filter:

Tag Type Group is Marriage AND

Any Witness Given Contains JOHN AND

Any Witness Given Contains MARY END

Then set the output columns to include names and ID numbers for Prin1 and Prin2 and anything else you think might be useful.

I don't think you can use a List of People filter or filter the Picklist or Project Explorer because you can't capture the spouse's name in those filters.

List of Events Report

Filter

Tag Type Group is "marriage" AND

Principal1 given contains John AND

Principal2 given contains Mary

This assumes that you always have the male as Principal 1. If that's not the case, you can either use "Any Witness" as I suggested above, or add and "OR" term with the reverse order.

Thanks both, that is very useful. I am slightly surprised that nobody has asked for this before, it has been bugging me for a while as I get lots of Williams, Johns, and Georges marrying Marys, Elizabeths and Anns.

However, the filtered report doesn't show either the person # or the Principle 2, so I want to change the output of this filtered report without altering the basic settings for other "List of events" reports, can this be done?

i.e. Does "Save settings" on the "Report definition screen - list of events" screen save to the default for the report or to a filtered group version? If the former, then do I add a "configuration name" based on List of Events?

Thanks again - Terry

When you open any report definition from the Reports menu, the "default" definition appears. When you make any changes to settings and either run the report, or click the Save Settings button, those changes become part of your "default" report of that type.

So if you make some changes, say to the output columns, those become your new default. The way around that is to create a new report definition. You do that by clicking the Add button at the very top of the screen, and giving it a new name. Once you make the changes and save them by either running the report or clicking the Save Settings button, you have that definition available for future use. You can recall it by clicking on it at the bottom of the Reports menu so long as it remains on the list of last 10 reports run, or by opening the default report of that type and selecting it from the drop-down list at the top of the screen.