jmcpa

Wish List Forum

I would like to see a separate forum for a "wish list". A place where we could discuss not only features to add to TMG but directions we would like to see in the software. There is no forum that lends itself to that now (at least that I can find).

For instance, I would like to see an on-line collaborative version of TMG. I could go into my thoughts more in a Forum like the 'wish list' topic that was reasonably popular on the mail list.

Read through this topic.

Some discussion about polls and wish lists

TMG-L is a better place for extended discussions of user-proposed features.

The tech support staff and beta testers do have access to a wish list and if, through the course of making suggestions here, on TMG-L, to tech support, or elsewhere, you convince even one of them that your idea has merit, then they will put it on the wish list for you.

Jim,

If we were to make a suggestion here (accent mine) where would we make it?

Jim,

If we were to make a suggestion here (accent mine) where would we make it?

Just start a topic for discussion in the appropriate Support forum (TMG5, TMG5UK or VCF).

I guess I am not seeing the relationship between TMG-L and this site. As I understood Bob's introduction, TMG-L would not be monitored by WG staff and this Community would be. It's still a bit confusing.

As far as the 'wish list' concept, the topics on this site will disaappear to back pages in a few days and lose focus rapidly. Having all the suggestion topics in a forum would keep the discussion more on point and easier to find. For instance, although there was a discussion that covered a wish list forum, which Jim referenced in a reply, a search for 'wish list' only retrieves this topic not the one on polling containing the wish list discussion.

But...I'm willing to try it and will start a thread on a small issue and see what happens.

I guess I am not seeing the relationship between TMG-L and this site. As I understood Bob's introduction, TMG-L would not be monitored by WG staff and this Community would be. It's still a bit confusing.

This board should be considered to be an official WG support tool. TMG-L is a user-to-user peer discussion list.

although there was a discussion that covered a wish list forum, which Jim referenced in a reply, a search for 'wish list' only retrieves this topic not the one on polling containing the wish list discussion.

John suggested that my initial response in this reply was brusque. Fair enough. That wasn't intended. Basically, a wish list forum and wish list forum polls fall into the same bucket and Bob's reply in the referenced topic really covers both. Glenn asked "Will there be a Wish List Forum..." and Bob answered "No". Users are encouraged to post their ideas about program features and suggestions both on this board and on TMG-L.)