dreward

HELP! ERROR CODES Unable to call up any dataset

I posted this on the TMG forum yesterday 10/07 but got no reaction - anybody??

This morning I started up TMG Gold UK Ed ver 703 for the first time this week to add new data - last opened 3 July. No matter which data set I called up - I have 7 - they all, including the UK Sample - all I get is a succession of ERROR CODES.

Just 4 of these are:

OLE error code 0x8oo40154: Class not registered 177 APPOBJECT.SHOW

Unknown member ROSTATUS BAR 180 APPOBJECT.SHOW

OLE error code 0x8oo40154: Class not registered 404 REINDEX DATASET 5

OBJECT GOTERM is not found 405 REINDEX DATASET 5

These were obtained either by trying to start up TMG in the normal way or by using Restore. In all cases TMG only gets as far as showing the menu/toolbars and a horrible grey screen with at least one of the above messages or similar.

Have I done anything special? Only the monthly programmed degfrag yesterday. Last TMG Back ups are Family Data-4 and -5 dated 30-05 and 28-06-2008 respectively with 1-3 + 6+7 all in May.

Using Windows XP and since April SP3

Other named older but unused datasets with backups from January and May 2008 also refuse to start up with same error messages.

Have never had any previous program (startup) problem. Have been using ver 703 since it first appeared.

I am at a loss to know what's gone wrong so any help gratefully recieved

Dave

Utrecht Holland

Hi Utrecht,

Sorry to hear about your problem. You may want to contact TMG Support directly, but you also may want to investigate further first. What OS are you running? On another user forum about cyber topics I have seen (and encountered on my own computer) problems with one of the latest security patches [KB951748] from MicroSoft for XP. Do you do automatic MS updates? If you have XP and ZoneAlarm you may want to uninstall that patch. Have you installed something else new on your computer? What has changed?

You could simply uninstall and download and reinstall TMG (but be sure you still have your unlock code!). It is possible that something else has corrupted your TMG installation?

As a fellow user that is about all I can think of to suggest.

Edited by Michael Hannah

Hi,

I am having the same problem that Dave reported a month ago. As of today, I can't log into any TMG project, including the Sample. I am using ver. 7.03 with Windows XP media center edition. Everything has been running fine until now.

I am getting the following error message when I attempt to open TMG in any project:

OLE Error code 0x80040154: Class not registered 48 TMGAPPOBJDOFORM

The only thing out of the ordinary that I have done during the past few days is to uninstall TMG v6 that I am no longer using. During the uninstall I was prompted about keeping some DLL files if I was uncertain as to whether they were necessary for any other apps, and I elected to keep them.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how about fixing the problem?

Thanks

Mike D.

My response from the mail list...

Simply reinstall TMG7 over the existing installation.

Run the v7.03 installer, install to the same program folder using the same options as your previous install.

v7.03 U.S. installer...

http://www.whollygenes.com/files/tmg7setup.exe

Jim

This resolved the issue for Mike D.

Dave,

The UK v7.03 installer is at...

http://www.whollygenes.com/files/tmg7uksetup.exe