I went through and changed all my death and burial tags using the [+] but found in a journal report I get this:

Albert W.1 Bafus was born on 1 Aug 1900 at Endicott, Whitman Co., WA, USA.

Albert W. Bafus and Jessie Scheuermann, daughter of Conrad J. Scheuermann and Katherine (--?--), were married on 9 Nov 1928 at Endicott, Whitman Co., WA, USA, he died on 22 Feb 1984 at Palouse Nursing Center, Colfax, Whitman Co., WA, USA, at age 83 and was buried 26 Feb 1984 at St John Cemetery.

I wanted this:

Albert W.1 Bafus was born on 1 Aug 1900 at Endicott, Whitman Co., WA, USA, he died on 22 Feb 1984 at Palouse Nursing Center, Colfax, Whitman Co., WA, USA, at age 83 and was buried 26 Feb 1984 at St John Cemetery.

Albert W. Bafus and Jessie Scheuermann, daughter of Conrad J. Scheuermann and Katherine (--?--), were married on 9 Nov 1928 at Endicott, Whitman Co., WA, USA

How did his marriage get in there. The sort dates put Birth, Death and Burial right under each other with the marr tag being fourth?

When I do an Individual Narrative , everything is fine.

Where am I going wrong?

Can anyone help me

Thanks a lot

Kenny

Not sure Kenny, but I think you are using a report that puts the BMDB tags first and then the other tags in sort order. I don't use TMG reports, so I can't help you with the different journal report styles, but I think that is what is happening.

Not sure Kenny, but I think you are using a report that puts the BMDB tags first and then the other tags in sort order. I don't use TMG reports, so I can't help you with the different journal report styles, but I think that is what is happening.

Teresa

You are so correct, I looked all over the options before but could not see what was doing it but when you mentioned what it could be it just jumped out and slapped me a good one.

Thank you so much

Kenny

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/style...default/wub.gif

I'm glad. I was hoping since it was late at night that my reply would send you the right direction, since I figured Jim or Terry wouldn't see it till this morning. I know how frustrating it is to be in the zone and come across something like that.

Have fun playing.

Kenny,

The "BMDB first" option for the Journal puts those tags first, before all other tag types, regardless of sort dates. It also forces the tags within that group into that order, regardless of the sort dates on the those tags. That is, all birth tags come first, then all marriage tags, then all death tags, and finally all burial tags. Sort dates only control the order within each type.

You can get what you want by turning off the option, then changing the sort dates so they sort as you prefer. That does effect many types of reports, which may or may not be what you want.