dreward

Why won't this marriage show up in a DIC

I have a relative called Jane Ward. She married a John Palmer and had 5 children. He died and some years later she remarried Alan Stanton. Up to now all well and good.

The second marriage sentences read as follows:

Bride. [PFS] second marriage was to [PO], <[M1]> <[Y]> <[L8]> registration district

This reads

Jane's second marriage was to Alan Stanton, the marriage being registered during the 1st qtr(Jan-Mar) 1980 in Uckfield registration district.

Groom. [P] married Miss [POF] <[M2]>, <[M1]> <[D]> <[L8]> registration district

This reads

Alan Stanton married Mrs Jane Palmer nee Ward, the marriage being registered during the 1st qtr(Jan-Mar) in 1980 in Uckfield registration district.

But……. When I call up a Descendant Indented Chart for some reason the marriage with Alan Stanton seems not to be recognised – it just gives his birth/death date, ie:

+Alan W STANTON, b. 28-08-1928, d. 15-10-1988 but should read:

+Alan W STANTON, b. 28-08-1928, m. 23-09-1980, d. 15-10-1988

As there are other instances in the same family group also with second husbands but whose marriages are recognised I ask myself what am I doing wrong. I should add that I use exactly the same sentence for the others as well and these show up correctly.

Can anyone suggest what it is that is not working this time around

My thanks

Dave

I am not sure but your sentence:

Groom. [P] married Miss [POF] <[M2]>, <[M1]> <[D]> <[L8]> registration district

This reads

Alan Stanton married Mrs Jane Palmer nee Ward, the marriage being registered during the 1st qtr(Jan-Mar) in 1980 in Uckfield registration district.

does not produce that output. Where is the Miss? I think you are using a different roll or tag and that is your issue.

Is the Marriage tag marked primary for both spouses?

Thank you Jim, that solved the problem - I'm glad it was so easy. I'd been looking so long at the wood I couldn't see the trees.

And yes Generations I had copied the sentence wrongly.

Thanks

Dave

Glad that fixed it. Checking whether the tag is primary for both spouses is always the first to start when there is a Marriage tag issue.

I am not sure but your sentence... ...does not produce that output.

Descendant Indented Charts don't use Sentences, so it doesn't matter what the Sentence is.

Good point. But he still needs to be sure he's using the correct role for other reports or he won't get the output he's looking for in other reports either. Didn't pay attention to what report he was trying to use, just the sentence he said he was getting output on.