Hi Everyone,

I am working to use TMG. I have a lot of entries which Have a death tag with no information. What is the value is the Death Tag? (with no information). I was considering deleting the tag so that I would have a better narrative. Any Issues I should consider. Thanks

Peter

My Data has been imported from a few versions ago. I am not sure what created the death Tag. So It should not create a problem to remove them? I am starting a major effort to get all my data into TMG.

I can't see any value in an empty Death Tag either. If you can't record a date in some form, place, or other detail, and a citation, I see no value in it.

There is value in marking someone you know can no longer be living by setting the Living Flag to N, because then that person can be included in TMG reports and sites built with Second Site in which you restrict or block data on living persons. But while creating a Death Tag will set that Flag, that's the hard way if there is no other reason to create the Tag. If TMG hasn't already marked them as not living because of entering a Birth Tag date longer ago than the assumed maximum lifespan, you can simply change the Living Flag directly.