katyjane

Sudden problem opening project

I'm using TNG Silver UK edition in it's originally installed form and have never run any bug fix updates. Suddenly I am unable to open one of my 2 projects. When I open TMG I can click on 'last project' and that opens OK (call it project A), but if I click Select to go to my other project ( B ) I get this error message:-

OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered

If I hit Ignore, I get:- object LOFORM is not found

If I click Ignore several times the same message repeats, until I get :- variable 'LCFilename' is not found. Hitting Ignore again gets:- Function argument value, type, or count is invalid.

Several more Ignores gets:- Variable 'LCEXT' is not found then :- Operator/operand mismatch type, then back to:- Function argument value, type, or count is invalid, then:- Nesting error.

Finally a message telling me to specify the name of the project - when I hit OK on that, the box closes and I'm back at square one.

If I open proect A and then try to open Project B via the file menu, it asks me if I want to close project A - whether I say Yes or No, absolutely nothing then happens to enable me to open project B.

Heeeeeelp!!

Edited by katyjane

That error has been associated with the the PDF printer not having been installed. It may not be the problem in your case, but check that the printer has been installed - in TMG, File / Printer setup / Install PDF printer.

Virginia

Thanks .....but.....I've followed the instructions for the first reply, but it's made no difference.

I've tried to follow the instuctions for the 2nd reply - the Wholly Genes PDF Writer v4 driver isn't there, but v2 is. However I don't have cdintf400.dll anywhere on my PC - should I have? (I'm running on Windows XP). If so, I'm wondering if this could be the problem - when I open Outlook it starts trying to install something from the Windows disk (which isn't there!), and this started happening a couple of weeks ago (although Outlook then works fine). I uninstalled a couple of prgrammes I no longer needed at around that time.

While this error is usually a problem with the PDF printer, your comment about uninstalling other programs could be a clue. They might have uninstalled some Windows file that TMG needs. The usual solution to that is to simply re-install TMG, in hopes it will (re)install all the parts it needs.

You say you are "using TMG Silver UK edition in it's originally installed form" but do not say what Version. Assuming it is Version 8, you can run that original installer without first uninstalling the program. That TMG installer should then offer a "Repair" option. I would try that first to see if it fixes your issues. If not, I would try completely uninstalling TMG from the Windows Programs, and them re-installing. Note that your project data files will not be affected by any un-install which will only remove the program files and not the data files. (If you do un-install, be sure to re-install in exactly the same folder/location as it is now.)

By the way, if you do have an earlier version of Version 8, it is highly recommended to upgrade to the latest version as it fixes a number of issues, and includes several new useful functions.

Thanks - it's v6 and I'll try re-installing it. I don't really want to upgrade at the moment - I'm shortly going away for 18 months and won't be doing any family history, and when I get back I wil need a new PC anyway (this one creaks a bit!), so it makes more sense to upgrade then.

Interesting - I just purchased the US Gold Edition v8 and I'm having exactly the same problem with the following set of messages before nothing happens (File -> New Project):

When attempting to start a "New Project" I get the following errors:
- OLE Error Code 0x80040154: Class Not Registered. 72 GETFILEX
- Object LOFORM is not found. 73 GETFILEX
- Object LOFORM is not found. 74 GETFILEX
- Object LOFORM is not found. 75 GETFILEX
- Object LOFORM is not found. 76 GETFILEX
- Object LOFORM is not found. 77 GETFILEX
- Object LOFORM is not found. 120 GETFILEX
ErrorMarker: Object LOFORM is not found. 127 GETFILEX

I'm running MS Windows 7 - Starter Edition SP 1 (32-bit)

Additionally, I've looked into the issue mentioned above with much to no avail.

Can this be fixed? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.