Sign in to follow this  
Dorothyt

customer does not like new tabbing fields on Citation Entry

Customer, Jack Lovelace wrote...
When tabbing between fields on the Citation Entry screen, the sequence now goes: Source #, Citation Detail, Surety (1,2,D,P,M in sequence, as required), Citation Memo, Reference. This change was introduced with release 9.0.

I prefer the sequence: Source #, Citation Detail, Citation Memo, Surety Values, Reference. This is the sequence in which version 8, and earlier, worked.

Actually, as I recall, there were a lot of tabs required to get from Source # to CD.

While I suspect some users, like Jack, will not agree, I find the new tab sequence to be very much improved - it saves me a lot of time when I can remember to not tab four times to get from CD to Surety. :)

The issue is which has data entered more frequently by that user: CM or Sureties.

The old way got to CM faster, the new way gets to Sureties faster.

I have both V7.04 and V8.08 available for testing.

In both it was 3 tabs from Source # to CD, but then only one to CM, and then 2 more to Surety.

So if your goal is CM, then 4 total tabs; but if your goal is Sureties, then 6 (through CM) total tabs.

In V9 it is only one to CD, but then six (through the Sureties) to CM.

So if your goal is Sureties, then 2 tabs; but if your goal is CM, then 7 total tabs.

Bottom line is that using tabs to get to CD and then Sureties is now faster, but getting to CM is now much slower.

It is a tradeoff. I think most users will appreciate getting to CD faster. But some users will prefer the new, some the old, depending upon which other fields they use most.

I seldom use Sureties, but often use CM, so I now have learned to use my mouse to click to CM and have abandoned using tabs to get there.