PollyH

Stuck with unreadable projects.

Today, after a couple of years, I returned to my TMG projects to print a FGS for someone and discovered that I could not print to either Word or PDF (at last use I had been using v.9.05 that I downoaded when TMG was being discontinued). When trying to print to Word got a message that said "A table in this document has become corrupted." When trying to print to PDF got an error that said "OLE error code 0X80040154: Class not registered." Uninstalled and reinstalled TMG and now I can't open any of my projects because they are in a newer version. Tried to download an installer program from Wholly Genes, but got an error message that says the URL must be incorrect. What do I do now?

Your message is confusing. There is no newer version than v9.05.

Read my message at the top of the download topic if you need to download v9.05.

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?/topic/15915-tmg9-final-installers-v905/

The OLE error that you describe is resolved by running the installer (assuming that TMG is installed) and selecting [Repair].

In 2014 when I downloaded the latest version of TMG it was version 9.05 and I updated my project to the latest version. When I recently uninstalled and reinstalled TMG from the most recent .exe version I had on my computer (assuming it was 9.05), it turned out to be v. 9 not 9.05 and now I can't open any of my projects and I don't know where I can get v. 9.05.

Thank you Jim for sending me the v. 9.05 installer. I uninstalled the version that I had previously installed (v. 9.0 that I thought was v. 9.05), removed all remaining v. 9.0 folders (per another post) and then reinstalled using the file that you sent me. At least I can now access and read my projects. However, I am far from up and running smoothly. I am back to the original problems I had before I previously reinstalled the incorrect version.

- Cannot do ANYTHING with PDF documents: errors - "OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not register" - after I cancel, that is followed by another error message "Unknown member ROPROTECTIONMAN." These two errors continuously loop so I have to do a Ctrl>Alt>Delete to get out of the loop.

- Printing to Word, I cannot print a Family Group Sheet, Individual Detail report, Pedigree Chart, or Relationship Chart that is readable. The error message I receive is that there is a corrupted table in the reports and I get the report with lots of dots and squares, and very little clear information.

I don't even know where to start to correct these problems.

I did a repair of the program as administrator. I did all the maintenance processes in TMG, even the validate file integrity (at least four or five times). I now have no idea how to continue.

Polly,

I suspect the issue with printing PDF reports is that you are using Windows 10, which is not happy with TMG's PDF printer. If so, the solution is to send the report to Printer, then select Windows 10's built-in PDF printer. Or, better yet, send the report to Word, edit as needed, then use Word's PDF output.

The problem with "forms" like FGSs and Pedigree charts is that you are using a recent version of Word that cannot read TMG's output of these reports. The solution is in Help - from the Report Definition file of one of these reports click Help, and read the note in the box at the top of the page.

Terry, I'm using Windows 7. I did, at one time have Windows 10 on my computer but I hated it and had the repair guy remove it and put it back to v. 7. I have tried to print all my reports to Word and for most part I can get them to print to Word, but for some reason, the reports I listed above, when printed to Word come up all garbled and unreadable. As for sending the reports to the Printer, when I try to send it to the Windows default printer I end up in the infinite loop again. I don't see an option to print to a dedicated Windows 7 printer.

I will look for the Help solution that you suggest for those reports and see if there is any assistance there.

For PDF output, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Wholly Genes PDF driver.

For Word output for form reports (Family Group Sheet, Pedigree, Individual Detail), if you are using Word 2013 or later, you need to output to RTF files, not DOC files.

RTF works for the FGS, et al. Thanks Jim. But still no dice on any kind of PDF output. If I try to save to a pdf file or to printer I get stuck in the infinite loop. Thanks anyway Jim and Terry. I'll stick with Word docs. I think I'm just going to have to look into a different genealogy program for the future. I give up on PDF. Time for bed. Thanks again.