Please don't give up on me! This is a problem, not a basic question.
- I reset TMG so that I no longer run the program as administrator.
- I exited TMG and reopened it awhile later.
- Because I changed some tag settings, I wanted to test them, so I tried running a Journal Report. First I got a "Cannot update the cursor File_M, since it is read-only." "Ignore" didn't work. "Cancel" took me directly to a backup option. I had to say "Yes" or "No," and got "Unknown member REPROTECTIONMAN." My notes aren't as clear as I'd like, but I was unable to exit and got a dialogue box saying "Look in: The Master Genealogist v9 Folder," with the list of files beneath it. (Note that the other reports worked.)
- I finally went to the Task Manager to close TMG.
- Next I went through the Maintenance options. Everything worked...except for the optimization. It went to 100%, was unable to optimize, and displayed the path for the optimize.log.
- Since the only thing I had changed was to remove the requirement to run the program as administrator, I right-clicked the TMG icon and chose to run as administrator.
- The Journal Report worked when I ran TMG as administrator!
WHY...and should I just go back to running TMG as administrator, or is there something else involved?