New computer, TMG installed, and most everything seems to be okay...so far. I've chosen Microsoft Print to PDF, but my reports are being saved to a temp file. I'm not finding an option as to where I would like to report to go. On my old computer, it would show up in my task bar, but not on my new one/ I don't ever remember having to choose a place for the report to be sent, and it was so simple to just open the file from the task bar. I tried this with CutePDF also.

In addition, the file is being saved as an .RTF file, not a .PDF.

Where did I go wrong?

You are choosing the output as Printer and have Microsoft Print to PDF selected as the printer?

You do not select Save to: Adobe Reader (PDF) if you are printing to a PDF printer driver.

You can install the TMG PDF printer driver and select Save to : Adobe Reader (PDF) if you temporarily run TMG as administrator.

Do you mean in Report Destination? If so, I haven't chosen Save to Adobe Reader. I have "Save to Printer." My understanding is that I don't want to use the TMG PDF printer driver. As far as I can tell, my settings are the same as on my old computer, which worked fine.

Is there someplace I can tell to report where to save to rather than having it go to a temp file that's trickier to find than having the .pdf icon in my task bar or a logical place for reports? I don't recall how I may have set that up in the past (even with all my notes!).

And why would it be saved as an .rtf file?

When I use Microsoft Print to PDF, it gives a dialog to enter the filename and you can also navigate to the destination folder from that dialog. At the moment, I get an error trying to print to an external PDF driver.

TMG uses .RTF as intermediate files in the print output process. And an .RTF file is what is used in Print Preview.

Why wouldn't you want to use the TMG PDF printer driver? It works fine if used as I described.

There were problems with using the TMG PDF printer driver in Windows 10, although I don't recall what they were. CutePDF and the MS Print to PDF worked fine on my old computer (also Windows 10). Now, however, the PDFs are going somewhere -- I shouldn't have to go digging for them! ("File exported to C:\USERS\JMADN\LOCAL\TEMP\TMGS51261679\_5KF.....rtf"). It shouldn't be a .rtf file and perhaps I'm supposed to be directing the file elsewhere manually.

P.S. You said this previously:

The Wholly Genes PDF Writer v4 printer driver doesn't work under Windows 10. This means that the Save to / Adobe Reader (PDF) selection won't work.

Use the 'Microsoft Print to PDF' printer driver. You print to printer and select the 'Microsoft Print to PDF' driver as the printer.

Problem solved. I had .rtf files associated with Word (by default), and I don't have Word! So I downloaded Libre Office, associated .rtf files with that, and...BINGO! Whew!

Just to note... That was my advice for outputting .PDF files. Subsequently, I realized that temporarily running as administrator could be used as a workaround for the PDF issue.