John Snelson

Error Message re Makespeed

While trying to run Maintenance/Performance/Recommendations I received this message “Syntax Error 330 MAKESPEED”.

Anyone had that happen or able to advise.  Using TMG Gold Uk version 9.05.0000 in Windows 10.

john

I don't get the error.

Run Optimize, Validate File Integrity, Optimize and then Reindex.

Run Maintenance / Performance Recommendations again and see if you still get the error.

Thanks Jim,

I am getting the same error when I use the Sample Projects (both the UK one and the USA one) and other projects, so I don't think the problem lies in the data, rather that it is in the TMG program files or possibly some of the parameters around processing, such as stack overflow or a missing dbf or something like that.

Nevertheless, I tried your suggestion and got the same result (attached).  It's a mystery.

Is there a list of possible error messages and solutions somewhere ?

john

Screenshot (32).jpg

Error messages are dynamic and are only meaningful to the developers. I've never seen this one.

Run the TMG v9.05 UK installer and select [Repair]. That will fix any missing or damaged program components.

Jim ... tried this, did the repair, same result ... so that mystery remains.  I cannot detect any issues with the running of the program after I have pressed "Ignore" about 8 times. 

So, as long as I don't need to carry out the "Performance Recommendations", I guess I shall just ignore it all - turn to the East, bury a steak in the garden, cross the fingers, close my eyes and count to 10 - and pray it just isn't there !

Thanks ... and I appreciate your assistance.

John Snelson

I searched the TMG-l list for an error labeled MAKESPEED.  There are (only) two mentions as far back as TMG version 7 in both 2009 and 2012 of individual users getting this error, but only when running the Performance Recommendations.  My memory of user comments are that very few users have ever run the Performance Recommendations.  I "suspect" (though I have no actual knowledge of the code) that this is likely a very old Windows operating system call available in a version of Windows prior to 2009 which could do some speed checking.  If so, that Windows call probably no longer exists in the form still being used by TMG.

If the only time you get this error is with Performance Recommendations and are having no other issues, I would simply stop running that TMG routine as it is only informative.  If Optimize and Validate File Integrity work, then you should be fine.