Churchie

Missing DLL

Just had a major HD failure and have recovered TMG. However, upon starting the program I get this error message - Missing MSVCR71.dll. I was using Windows 7 but with this new computer and Windows 10 I am playing catch up with technology. I have downloaded tmg9uksetup.ex but haven't executed it as I can't find my serial number. 

Any suggestions?

Run the TMG installer and select [Repair] and see if that fixes the issue.

When you move to a new computer with a new operating system, you should do a clean install of all applications.

If you can't locate your email with the TMG registration information, you should write to whollygenes.com and request your registration information.

If you get the current TMG installation running, you should open TMG, open the Help menu / About screen and make a screenshot of your registration information. 

Hi Jim

Thanks for you reply. 

I have tried Whollygenes.com but it just takes me to the forum page.

Do you have a support address. I used to email Dorothy but don't know if she is still involved with TMG?

The following is from a file in my TMG
AppDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\The Master Genealogist v9\
CheckFrequency=2
CompanyName=Wholly Genes Software
ApplicationName=The Master Genealogist v9
Flags=PerMachine
ID={131BE2E7-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-6DD14A1DC0CF}
ApplicationVersion=9.05.0000
DefaultCommandLine=/checknow
DownloadsFolder=C:\ProgramData\The Master Genealogist v9 Installer
URL=http://www.whollygenes.com/files/upgradev9/updates_uk.txt

I wondered if the ID is my serial number (I substituted XXXXs for some of the numbers and letters). 

Kind regards

Churchie

Did you try the installer repair option to fix the missing DLL?

Sorry. Send your email to support@whollygenes.com to request your registration information.

The ID (above) is not your TMG registration number.

The TMG operation shut down almost seven years ago and the inability to recover your registration information has always been a possibility. If the email address failure is not temporary and you can't recover your registration information, it's time to move your data to another genealogy database program.

Save the registration emails as text files and print them. Store the files and printouts in various locations so that you can always recover your registration information no matter what unforeseen disaster might occur.