efcharvet

Probate Tag

The Probate tag is assigned to the "Burial" Tag Group.

Frankly, this doesn't make sense to me at all.

If anyone can explain and justify this Tag Group assignment, please add a reply.

The Will tag is assigned to the "Other Event" Tag Group. It seems to me that the Probate tag belongs in the same group, and it should be changed in a future product update.

The Probate tag is assigned to the "Burial" Tag Group.

Frankly, this doesn't make sense to me at all.

I'd suppose it's because Probate always comes after death, and, just guessing, this keeps the tag from showing up in the audit report as a "after death event."

The Will tag is assigned to the "Other Event" Tag Group. It seems to me that the Probate tag belongs in the same group, and it should be changed in a future product update.

The will is always written before death; probate always occurs after death. I'd think that's the reasoning.

I think it had to do with the fact that many users of older programs only had the death date so they would use the probate record for the death date. Now that we have as many tags as we want, I made the Probate tag under the Other group. If I find the will and the probate, then I make the death date between those two dates.

I'd suppose it's because Probate always comes after death, and, just guessing, this keeps the tag from showing up in the audit report as a "after death event." 

The will is always written before death; probate always occurs after death. I'd think that's the reasoning.

Could it be so that the probate tag shows up in the BMDB paragraph, especially when a death date is missing?

Edited by JanisR