tomcoughlan

Post Project Merge Trauma

I recently merged 2 projects, and it went fairly well up to a point. There was a crash and when I reloaded I found a number of duplications had occurred. It seemed to add each source from each new person several times, and the same for each repository. These were not too cumbersome to manually edit. Now I've discovered that the program has taken each task assigned to an individual and set it up as a general research task, multiple times. I've got 1432 'general' research tasks. Is there any alternative to deleting these one at a time? Help!

Tom

Tom,

Before panicking or attempting lots of manual deletions, have you run the maintenance routines from the File menu, particularly Validate File Integrity, repeating until no potential problems found?

Whereas I've not seen exactly what you're reporting, the number of research task one is something I have seen and normality was resumed by running VFI.

Tom,

I would try the merge again. I bet if you delete one of the tasks for a person, they will all dissapear. You might try running the maintenance routimes, but I'd try the merge if I still have the originals as it seems like you might be working with a bad copy.

Thanks for the advice. I have run the Maintenance options but they report no problems. I will try the option of merging again, in a new copy of course, and see if that works. Many thanks.

Tom