Wendell

TMG 6.8 Place Style errors

I have just updated to TMG 6.8 and now have a real problem. I first noticed that used place style names are preceded with a 1: when they hadn't been in 6.7. Then I made the mistake of adding a new place style. Now I can't edit any tag with a place style other than the new place style without winding up on an edit place style window which is trying to add a new place style like the old one. There is no way out except to "X" out or Cancel out. Every attempt to save the changes goes to the place style add. If an add is accepted, a new place style is created which must then be deleted from the Master Place Style windows.

This is making editing of my data a horrendous chore.

I've got the 1's on mine as well. One project has 2 place styles and both have a 1 next to them.

On another project I added a place style and edited some tags but was never presented with an edit place style window if the tag had a different style.

I added a second data set and disabled the first and all the styles then had 2 in front of them so it is associated with data sets

Edited by jeffpiper

I only have one dataset but I have many (20) place styles including the one I added after installing 6.8. I can't edit any entry with a place style other than the last one without getting into the place style edit screen.

Teresa

I didn't notice ANY prefix to my place style names before 6.8. They always just had my place style names. Since my style names all start with numerics, putting the 1: in front of them is a real distraction also.

I have just updated to TMG 6.8 and now have a real problem. I first noticed that used place style names are preceded with a 1: when they hadn't been in 6.7.

Yes, in TMG 6.08 the styles are labeled to show which data set they belong to - prior to this it was difficult to know looking at the list which data set any custom style belonged to.

Then I made the mistake of adding a new place style. Now I can't edit any tag with a place style other than the new place style without winding up on an edit place style window which is trying to add a new place style like the old one.

Can you explain just what you do that gets you into the Edit Place Style screen? I'm not able to replicate what you describe.

I try to edit any event or MPL entry which doesn't have the newly added place style. I then am presented with an Edit Place Style screen which will add a new place or replace an old place style if the name is the same.

Some additional information. The problem arrises because my place names start with numberics. I replace one of them with an alpha name and there was no problem.

OK, I now know the parameters of the problem. My style names all started with t,n) where t was the basic type number and n was a sequential number so the first one was 1.1) + an alpha descriptor of the format. The second was 1.2) + the alpha descriptor. When I changed them all to "Style 1.1) + there was no problem with any event or MPL place editing. I suspect the same change that added the 1: or 2: to the style names also caused my problem. In any event, I am in business again and furiously adding and editing my data as needed.

Good luck finding the real cause. My problem is now solved.

I have just updated to TMG 6.8 and now have a real problem. I first noticed that used place style names are preceded with a 1: when they hadn't been in 6.7. Then I made the mistake of adding a new place style. Now I can't edit any tag with a place style other than the new place style without winding up on an edit place style window which is trying to add a new place style like the old one. There is no way out except to "X" out or Cancel out. Every attempt to save the changes goes to the place style add. If an add is accepted, a new place style is created which must then be deleted from the Master Place Style windows.

This is making editing of my data a horrendous chore.

Currently using 6.08. I went to edit a tag and when I tried to save I got the same problem where it would open the edit place style window and try to create a new style.

I tried creating a new tag with the style and got the same effect.

When i looked at the Style Field 10 was shown as missing rather than a field name. I added the missing field name and all apears to be OK.

Edited by jeffpiper