Shaundm

Sentence structure and [M]emo italic font

I have a tag called occupation and I enter the ocupation under the memo field. I also have marriage tags where I enter additional data under the memo field. I have the font setting for memo set to Italics for the journal report.

I like having the marriage memo in italics as it shows additional information at the end of my marriage sentance. However as the memo field for the occupation is in the middle of the sentance i do not want it as italic.

Any way to do this?

My occupation tag is [P] <was employed as a|and [PO] were> [M] <[D]> <[L]>

Thanks

As an alternative to Teresa's suggestion, if you output to a word processor, put the italics codes around the variable in the marriage tag. But this won't work if you output to screen, printer, pdf, etc.

I don't think setting the italics in the report definition is really a good plan - all sorts of tags (wills, land purchases, military and political service, etc.) depend on the Memo for lots of details, and mostly you wouldn't want them in italics.

As an alternative to Teresa's suggestion, if you output to a word processor, put the italics codes around the variable in the marriage tag. But this won't work if you output to screen, printer, pdf, etc.

FYI, "" in the sentence will also work in Second Site as well as in output sent to a word processor from TMG. I think putting the [iTAL:] / [:ITAL] in the memo text is probably a better idea, because it will work everywhere, but changing the default sentence is obviously less work than changing all the memos.