Shaundm

Individual Detail report - Witness'..can you show them

I use the individual detail report alot, I am now writting my sentence structures for my census tags. I will be having other people within the household shown as witness (using roles) for the census tag.

I would therefore like my individual detail report, for the census tag, to show the witness' also.

Is it possible?

The Individual Detail report does not use Sentence Structures, and thus there is no way to include witnesses. For that you need to use on of the narrative formats.

The Individual Detail report does not use Sentence Structures, and thus there is no way to include witnesses. For that you need to use on of the narrative formats.

Hi Terry

I am using Memo segments. The 1st segment prints in my individual detail report, however the second does not. Is there any way to alter so that both print?

Thanks

Not that I can see. But the truth is, I never use that report so I'm not an expert on it.

Terry

Damm. I like using the individulal detail report when researching at it has all tags and events on that person in date order, which seems easy for me to follow and so that I know what i need to find still.

Shaun,

I think you are a Second Site (SS) user, so maybe this suggestion will work for you. The grid-type Formats included with Second Site are a lot like an Ind. Detail report in TMG. Tags are shown in chronological sequence by the tag's Sort Date. SS has a "Detail Format" setting that has "Raw Data" and "Use Sentence" options. If you don't want a narrative, then choose "Raw Data". With "Raw Data", the SS format does include the witnesses.

Shaun,

I think you are a Second Site (SS) user, so maybe this suggestion will work for you. The grid-type Formats included with Second Site are a lot like an Ind. Detail report in TMG. Tags are shown in chronological sequence by the tag's Sort Date. SS has a "Detail Format" setting that has "Raw Data" and "Use Sentence" options. If you don't want a narrative, then choose "Raw Data". With "Raw Data", the SS format does include the witnesses.

I'm having a redesign of the way I enter my data at the moment and the SS grid format is how I like it presented (only just found this format!), thanks for the advice and I'll experiment with these options.

Shaun

Hi Terry

I am using Memo segments. The 1st segment prints in my individual detail report, however the second does not. Is there any way to alter so that both print?

Thanks

Have you got the box "embed sentence memo2 on the miscellaneous tab of the report options selected? THis includes all memo segments referenced in the sentence.

If you have memo segments that are not referenced in the pricipals sentence the only way is to set up a custom language (called , say, details report) and under that language change the default sentence to be [M1][M2][M3]...[M9] this will then print out all segments of the memos on the detail reort is the language used is the new custom one.

Have you got the box "embed sentence memo2 on the miscellaneous tab of the report options selected? THis includes all memo segments referenced in the sentence.

Thats it, it works. I'm sure I tried that previously, never mind. Thanks.