Shaundm

Different dataset or seperate TMG file or ....

I am doing a name name Study, so I am only really interested in a family while it has the name Muddock. I have found some people who have married a female Muddock, she has then carried on having children under her new married name and I am in contact with one of her living relatives. I add all of these people to my database for completeness, however I am not really that concerned about them as they have lost the name Muddock by now.

I currently have all of these 'other' familes in the same Dataset as my Muddock's. I want to move these other families out, so that I can hide them temporarily while working on data, etc. but then show them when I do a SS output.

What is the best way to do it?

I can think of having them saved as a seperate TMG database and then inport. Or are there other better ways?

There is no reasonable way to do what you suggest. Once you move them out, you cannot include them in TMG reports or sites created with Second Site, unless you move them back in. But if you do that, they will not be connected anymore to the others in the Data Set. Assuming you have enough lines to make this worthwhile, manually reconnecting the lines (and re-constructing the citations for the links) would be a daunting task.

Why is it you feel the need to "hide" them?

Why is it you feel the need to "hide" them?

I don't want to see them as I only really want to see the direct people who I am really interested in. They just seem to clog it up. I could use flags and colour them but would prefer to jut hide them or temporarily move them. Reconnecting the links each time is not worth it. Thanks

What would happen if you created a flag and then used it to filter only the records you want to see?