kevin_b

Attn: Jim Byram - regarding pre-sales question

Jim,

Here's the error I described in my pre-sales questions. With the welcome window up, click on any menu item in the main window and you get that.

Kevin

post-7374-1158286544_thumb.jpg

I'm not Jim, but I tested this and can't reproduce it because the menus are not visible for me when the Welcome screen is up... (see screenshot)

Hrm, interesting. Which version does yours say? Mine is the trial, says v 6.09.000.

Hrm, interesting. Which version does yours say? Mine is the trial, says v 6.09.000.

Hi, Kevin,

it's obvious that I am not John :) but you can be sure that John is using TMG's recent version which is v6.09.000.

You say you are using the trial version but that also is an "unrestricted" version with the known 30 days time limit.

When I look at the screenshot you provided please notice

1) that the headline of the Welcome screen at the end says "Reader" ==> you won't see this on a unlimited version

2) the buttons "Import" as well as "New" are greyed out ==> same here

I may be wrong on this but my best guess is that your version may have exceeded the 30 days trial period. :unsure:

I may be wrong on this but my best guess is that your version may have exceeded the 30 days trial period. :unsure:

Thanks, Kevin. Vera's diagnosis is correct and I've reported the error. The menu should never show when the Welcome screen is active. This has been fixed and the fix should be in v6.10.

Edited by Jim Byram

Yeah, I knew it had expired. I was still using the software to browse the features, capabilites, etc., to see if it was what I wanted.

Thanks, Kevin. Vera's diagnosis is correct and I've reported the error. The menu should never show when the Welcome screen is active. This has been fixed and the fix should be in v6.10.

Jim,

OK, this is kind of what I was looking for in my pre-sales question - responses to the user community and willingness to keep the software updated. :)

Thanks,

Kevin