Peter Tarkkonen

Wishlist: A way to overrun "Suppress Details for Living People"

At least in Journal report there is a feature to "Suppress Details for Living People". It is at least polite to do so but in some countries it is demanded by the law.

However, then there is people who would like to see their info included in web pages. And have given even written permission to do so.

What to tell to them? Today you try to tell then politely "wait till you are dead".

I have not found a way to solve this, maybe someone can help.

One possibility would be to have a system flag like "Release living info". If that is set to Yes, info would be released wether or not "Suppress Details for Living People is selected". Then releasing info could be controlled by person.

An other possibility would do in per tag, one way or an other.

In any case it will need software change in TMG.

Peter

At least in Journal report there is a feature to "Suppress Details for Living People". It is at least polite to do so but in some countries it is demanded by the law.

However, then there is people who would like to see their info included in web pages. And have given even written permission to do so.

What to tell to them? Today you try to tell then politely "wait till you are dead".

I have not found a way to solve this, maybe someone can help.

One possibility would be to have a system flag like "Release living info". If that is set to Yes, info would be released wether or not "Suppress Details for Living People is selected". Then releasing info could be controlled by person.

An other possibility would do in per tag, one way or an other.

In any case it will need software change in TMG.

Peter

Peter,

as you said "Suppress Details for Living People" is an OPTION which might be checked ==> to suppress details for people still living OR as long as being unchecked ==> to show even details for people being still alive.

So simply uncheck it and you will get the details for people being still alive at the time you run the report. :)

Peter,

as you said "Suppress Details for Living People" is an OPTION which might be checked ==> to suppress details for people still living OR as long as being unchecked ==> to show even details for people being still alive.

So simply uncheck it and you will get the details for people being still alive at the time you run the report. :)

Hi,

I guess -correct me if I'm wrong - that Peter wants to have data shown from living people who don't object, but doesn't want to show information from living people who might object to seeing their data published. When using the "Suppress Details for Living People" option, however, it's everything or nothing.

What I would do is set the "Living" flag to "N" for those people whose information you want to display. For your database, they're dead, but they don't know they're declared "dead" and at least you don't have to tell them they have to wait until they're dead to see their data. As far as I see, switching the "Living" flag to "N" for living people will have no further consequences (but here I might be wrong).

Dirk

Hi,

I guess -correct me if I'm wrong - that Peter wants to have data shown from living people who don't object, but doesn't want to show information from living people who might object to seeing their data published. When using the "Suppress Details for Living People" option, however, it's everything or nothing.

What I would do is set the "Living" flag to "N" for those people whose information you want to display. For your database, they're dead, but they don't know they're declared "dead" and at least you don't have to tell them they have to wait until they're dead to see their data. As far as I see, switching the "Living" flag to "N" for living people will have no further consequences (but here I might be wrong).

Dirk

Dirk,

this is exactly what I meant. Your idea using living-flag is worth of investigating. Thank You!

Peter

Dirk,

this is exactly what I meant. Your idea using living-flag is worth of investigating. Thank You!

Peter

OK, now I got it.

But I wouldn't change LIVING to N in your case.

What you want to accomplish for me is a typical situation to use a custom flag within TMG - i.e. RELEASED with the values N, J, ?

For living people who don't object to have their data included i.e. in reports set the flag to J (meaning: data can be released / published)

When you run a report use a filtered group of people for that report - setting the filter condition i.e. to LIVING = N + RELEASED = J

If you want to include some living people but not others, don't use the "Suppress Details for Living People". Instead, create a custom flag that marks those who you want to include and use that to control who is put on the website.