cray4348

Bug exporting Event-Misc in GEDCOM

I just found a bug in exporting a GEDCOM. I recently added an Event-Misc to a person and then exported that dataset to a GEDCOM but any Event-Misc tag that I've added since the upgrade is not exporting at all. Event-Misc tags brought over from the v6 file are all exporting OK but nothing made after the upgrade.

What is weird is that I created a new tag based on the Event tag and it exports just fine.

Has anyone else run into this yet? Anybody have a fix?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Two questions may shed some light on this:

1. How many principals in the tags, and are they married or have children together?

2. What is the GEDCOM tag type shown on the Tag Type Definition screen for this tag type?

Two questions may shed some light on this:

1. How many principals in the tags, and are they married or have children together?

2. What is the GEDCOM tag type shown on the Tag Type Definition screen for this tag type?

There were 2 principals in the tag, a mother and her daughter.

The GEDCOM tag type is EVEN. This is the same Event tag I've used for years in TMG and its always exported just fine.

Thanks Terry.

There were 2 principals in the tag, a mother and her daughter.

The GEDCOM tag type is EVEN. This is the same Event tag I've used for years in TMG and its always exported just fine.

That arrangement doesn't meet the GEDCOM 5.5 specs and won't be exported.

A 1 EVEN 2 TYPE event must have a single principal to be exported as an individual event or two principals who are married or are the parents of a child to be exported as a family event.

That arrangement doesn't meet the GEDCOM 5.5 specs and won't be exported.

A 1 EVEN 2 TYPE event must have a single principal to be exported as an individual event or two principals who are married or are the parents of a child to be exported as a family event.

Thanks Jim. Then I guess I need to make the daughter a witness to the passenger list instead of a principal. The devil is in the details, isn't it? :(

You can do that, but if you do, the daughter will not have this event at all in the export because Witnesses are never exported to GEDCOM - it does not recognize Witnesses.