Mike Talbot

Person Details Window

The right hand side of the Details window wastes a large area of valuable display real estate on just 4 buttons. That space is sorely needed, as always, for TAG lines with long memos or note tags.

I restored the tiny ADD, DELETE and PRIMARY icons to unused space in the menu line, where they were in the previous version. The EDIT button is totally unneeded (it's much easier to double click on what you want to edit).

How can the ADD, EDIT, DELETE and PRIMARY buttons on the right side be removed and that space recovered for long TAG data?

Brst wishes.

Mike Talbot

Mike

It is under Preferences (Tags??). I don't have V7 on my work computer yet. I found that I had to save my Layout with that change to get rid of the annoying buttons as they kept coming back.

The right hand side of the Details window wastes a large area of valuable display real estate on just 4 buttons. That space is sorely needed, as always, for TAG lines with long memos or note tags.

I restored the tiny ADD, DELETE and PRIMARY icons to unused space in the menu line, where they were in the previous version. The EDIT button is totally unneeded (it's much easier to double click on what you want to edit).

How can the ADD, EDIT, DELETE and PRIMARY buttons on the right side be removed and that space recovered for long TAG data?

Brst wishes.

Mike Talbot

Mike

You can toggle this feature on or off via File>Preferences>Programe Options>Data Entry. Just select or deselect "Use Buttons for Add/Edit/Delete/Primary on Details Window". Like you I needed the real estate on my monitor so I switched it off.

Les Wylde

Mike

You can toggle this feature on or off via File>Preferences>Programe Options>Data Entry. Just select or deselect "Use Buttons for Add/Edit/Delete/Primary on Details Window". Like you I needed the real estate on my monitor so I switched it off.

Les Wylde

Thanks, it worked,

Mike Talbot

The "Tag Editing" toolbar has Add, Delete, and Make Primary. You can show that toolbar, and drag it to the top of the screen to dock it. It doesn't have "Edit", but you can double-click to edit a tag.

They really aren't needed in either place - see this article for some alternate solutions.

Terry

Thanks for reminding about the Ctrl + F3 function - I had forgotten about that and will find it very useful. Easier than repeatedly going through the list with F3 :D

Les Wylde